Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New member from Memphis

Hello, my name is John and I've been lurking the forums for about a week, reading any thread that had "F250", "5.4L", or "9th gen" in it. Read up on some of the infamous problems known to come to this truck, i.e. spark plugs and coils. Got a few of my own, but first, the pictures.

jeme4a2a.jpg

ere8a5u7.jpg

yda8y4as.jpg

I just got the truck, so all the work was done without me. It's a 1999 Ford F250 SD Lariat with the 5.4L Triton V8. It's not my first Ford, but it's my first truck. It's got the 05 grill and headlight conversion, but still rocking the 99 bumper. Now onto my current issues.

As much as I wish, I'm not as car savvy as I'd like to be. My first problem is a rattle. I haven't been able to pinpoint it because it only happens under acceleration after a stop or at a steady speed every now and then. Any tips on helping me to find the culprit will be very appreciated.

My second, and last, current problem is above my head. It's a steady change in the exhaust tone, at idle and during acceleration. I don't know if it's missing, since I don't even know what that is. It's not a huge difference in pitch, but it's noticeable and annoying. Any help or tips with this are also appreciated.

I will be heading to Autozone tomorrow to see if any codes are being thrown, and will report back with my findings. Thanks for reading, and I hope to become an active member of this forum.

Ford Truck Articles