Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New HIDS :D

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
Well I received a set of 5k HIDs for a wedding present from a friend. Thought I'd never own a set lol.. Well I couldn't stand the fact that my fogs were still halogen, Silverstar at that, so I bought a set for the fogs. I just went with Xentec as that's what he got me. So far so good! If hey ever go out, ill upgrade to a better brand, but I have no complaints thus far!

2011-09-16174200.jpg

IMG958737.jpg

IMG953070.jpg

2011-09-09184249.jpg

DSCF5425.jpg

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
Looks good, where did you get the fogs from?

both sets are Xentec. They have mixed reviews. But then again, DDM does too. If any of my ballasts go out, ill upgrade to a better brand, but so far so good

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
They look good, but if anyone really needs lights this bright to see at night it is time to give up the license.

Nice, looks good

both sets are Xentec. They have mixed reviews. But then again, DDM does too. If any of my ballasts go out, ill upgrade to a better brand, but so far so good

Who did you order them from??

They look good, but if anyone really needs lights this bright to see at night it is time to give up the license.

Yeah, I dont think so...

I have a hard time seeing at night...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you want to do HIDs right then you should get a full retrofit kit, which includes projectors. Just swapping out your bulbs for HID bulbs and adding ballasts will not give the same results and it'll blind other drivers because the beams aren't focused. Unfortunately a retrofit is a lot more expensive-- to the tune of a grand just for the parts, depending on what you get.

That being said-- looks good :) I love the higher light temperature but that's only half the benefit of HIDs-- the other half is actual better visibility which you only fully get with proper projectors.

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
If you want to do HIDs right then you should get a full retrofit kit, which includes projectors. Just swapping out your bulbs for HID bulbs and adding ballasts will not give the same results and it'll blind other drivers because the beams aren't focused. Unfortunately a retrofit is a lot more expensive-- to the tune of a grand just for the parts, depending on what you get.

That being said-- looks good :) I love the higher light temperature but that's only half the benefit of HIDs-- the other half is actual better visibility which you only fully get with proper projectors.

actually for Rangers, its not that much, $375.

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/26354-finally-bit-projector-bullet.html

but on a side note, my HIDs in my housings truely do have a great cutoff. I do not get flashed or anything. You can still see the two little spots like where the light focuses in front of yuu really good. When im behind a car, the light doesnt go past the trunk line.

Id love to have some projectors, im not gonna fork out the extra $$ for them though

he got them all here:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=30

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You're right-- I misspoke. The $1000 prices I've been seeing thrown around for the gen 12 trucks include install. Install price is somewhat high because you have to break the seal on the headlights and separate the 2 halves in order to put the projectors in-- most guys bake the headlights in the oven to do this.

But yeah that's about on par for a complete retrofit kit-- $300-500.

I personally don't like those HID headlights.

IMO, what the benefit of you being able to see better if you blind everyone else when the lights are on low?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts