Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new guy in LA

blacksnapon

Staff member
Welcome to the site from the land of polar bears. I'm fairly new here myself.

-TAG

thanks and help!!!!!!!!!

LA? Lower Alabama? :D

Welcome aboard!

not lower ala. die hard lsu fan!
thanks for the welcome
:thanks: :beer:
maybe you can help me out---i have a 2006 f-250 super duty that was broken into the other night :spank: they got in through the rear sliding glass ( just popped the little black clip off with a screwdriver) would you know of a new latch or a locking latch to replace the original? i've been all over ebay and such but have run out of resources. i would appreciate any help or pointing me in the right direction.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
thanks
donnier

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
maybe you can help me out---i have a 2006 f-250 super duty that was broken into the other night they got in through the rear sliding glass ( just popped the little black clip off with a screwdriver) would you know of a new latch or a locking latch to replace the original? i've been all over ebay and such but have run out of resources. i would appreciate any help or pointing me in the right direction.

thanks
donnier

Sucks to hear about the break in.You're probably gonna have to go to Ford for a new latch considering how new the truck is.You could try a salvage yard,but I doubt they'd have something like your truck unless it's a junkyard that specializes in newer vehicles.I think your best bet is Ford.A replacement latch shouldn't be that much.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
As Shaun said, for a factory one, it's probably gonna be a dealer only situation. A company called CR Laurence makes universal ones, and even locking ones I believe. They don't sell to the public however. They are wholesale only.

Old_Paint

Old guy with old cars
Alabama
If you're near Lafayette, Baton Rouge, or NO, try Pull-A-Part. Dunno if the latch you speak of was unique to the '06, but I'd be willing to bet you can probably find something on an older model that would work. I'm not real sure the sliding glass windows were made by Ford, so that might be about half your problem with finding one. If you go to a dealer, they're probably going to charge you an arm and a leg for it because they'll have to buy it third party, and they AIN'T gonna lose money on the deal, that's for sure.

Welcome to the site. If you're interested:

www.pullapart.com

Now, when ya get it replaced, you need to mount a Claymore just below the window, between the bed and the cab as a theft deterrent. It wouldn't do much for your truck, but any truck you had after that would be fairly safe.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts