Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New guy from southeast Texas.

Hey guys. New from southeast Texas. New to this site, but not to forums or Fords. I've had a couple Ford trucks so far.

I am currently about to scrap my current Ford which is a 1990 Ford Ranger 4x4 with 4.0. I bought it 3 years ago for 650 and have had nothing but problems with it do to previous owners not taking care of it and I don't want to deal with it anymore or make anybody else mess with it.

My first Ford was a 1989 Ford F-250 with F-350 rear suspension on 32" tires. I still have it but it has been temporarily retired due to it getting horrible mileage and having 400,000 miles on it with no rebuild. It got 4 mpg on a good day. It has a 351w with C6 auto trans. Single cab long bed.

I was going to keep the Ranger and just DD it until I could get something else when I got the money or sold it. But about a month ago (8/23/2013), my mom passed away and I got her 2006 Nissan Xterra 2wd.

Now I am considering bringing the F-250 back to life and turning it into a toy. It's only 2wd, so I am thinking about just turning it into a hot rod. Yes. I know that sounds stupid, but I would be switching out the rear end for something better suited and doing allot of weight reduction.

blacksnapon

Staff member
welcome to the site.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Welcome.. Sucks you have issues with that ranger.. My dad had a 90 with a 3.0 and loaded it down at times with more than most full sized trucks would take and beat the snot out of it and wouldn't die, it died due to being t-boned by drunk driver

Welcome to FTF :)

that is horrible mileage! I'm getting 10 mpg with my 1983 Supercab F250 2 wheel drive with the 351W, 4.10's and the T-18 manual and costs $20 a day to drive

This truck was ordered from the factory by the county that I live in. My dad bought it back around 2000 for a work truck. It was ordered as a 3/4 ton with with 1 ton rear suspension. It only had just under 200,000 miles on it when dad bought it at a county auction for $400. He drove it close to 100 miles a day at least through heavy traffic with a fully loaded bed full of wood and tools and a camper shell. He drove it until about 2006 when he got a 1994 GMC Sierra with a 350. The 89 has been sitting ever since. Only been started a couple times in those years. It currently has 387,000+ miles on it. Never been rebuilt or had to have any major work done to it. Just normal maintenance.

This truck was ordered from the factory by the county that I live in. My dad bought it back around 2000 for a work truck. It was ordered as a 3/4 ton with with 1 ton rear suspension. It only had just under 200,000 miles on it when dad bought it at a county auction for $400. He drove it close to 100 miles a day at least through heavy traffic with a fully loaded bed full of wood and tools and a camper shell. He drove it until about 2006 when he got a 1994 GMC Sierra with a 350. The 89 has been sitting ever since. Only been started a couple times in those years. It currently has 387,000+ miles on it. Never been rebuilt or had to have any major work done to it. Just normal maintenance.

Great history on the truck, you have to post a few pic's. (Mine is a ex-airport truck)

smilieFordlogo

Great history on the truck, you have to post a few pic's. (Mine is a ex-airport truck)

smilieFordlogo

Alright. The truck has been sitting since 2006, so it does look kinda rough in some pictures, but I did give it a pretty good cleaning about 5 months ago.

Before

After

Interior. Dash has no cracks in it still

Old dirty 351

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts