Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New guy from ga

Hello fellow ford lovers, my name is Scott, I live in blackcreek ga. I own two fords right now, my DD is a 2007 f150 lariat 4X4 with the 5.4. The other is my project, a 69 f100 body on a 73 hi boy 250 chassis. I bought the truck two years ago with the intentions of making a mud truck. It took two days and a few cases of beer to get it running before I decided to do a complete 180 and to a complete rebuild to make a shortbread trail truck.
1a17fa48b742b6adb0867e0ea5eb9ae3.jpg

It has a 390 backed up by an np435 trans and np205 t case. Stock Dana 60 rear and a recently purchased yet to be installed 05+ super duty 60 front end.

Disclaimer: I learn from experience, YouTube and forums so I will likely be bugging you guys with lots of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bump hybrid! I hadn't thought about a chassis swap... Food for thought. How tough was the swap? Did you have to keep the 73 steering box?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I actually bought it like that. The swap looked good before I really got into it, not all the mounts line up and the guy who did the swap didn't care to address that so my cab was held on with two bolts as was the bed

I actually bought it like that. The swap looked good before I really got into it, not all the mounts line up and the guy who did the swap didn't care to address that so my cab was held on with two bolts as was the bed

Ouch! You corrected it though, right? I'm in Ga as well. Here's a shot of my bump.

5ec2901dc16ff93d4bc83e3434ce9c7c.jpg

Last edited:

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Very cool looking so far!

Are you going to cut down the original box or go with a custom flat or utility bed?

Very cool looking so far!

Are you going to cut down the original box or go with a custom flat or utility bed?

That I haven't made a decision yet. If like to cut the original box I'm just hesitant to do it and make it look like crap. I've thought a lot about a flat/wood side bed, but for now it's still up in the air a bit.

Nice bump! I intend on fixing it but first I wanted to take 18" out of the frame.
e77ea03d2ae30f130888539f45eb770e.jpg

It looks like you took more than 18 inches. You cut from both in front of and behind the rear wheels, right? Did you take 32"?

Ford Truck Articles