Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Carb Installed

I just put the Edelbrock 650 with electric choke on and all I can say is wow!!!! I just thought I had a powerful truck before. It woke the old 429 up big time. It already had a performer intake and headers. The Holley had stamped on it P80. What model is that. I don't know if it was too big or just worn out b/c it looked pretty old. If any of you are considering a carb with a similar setup as mine, do yourself a favor and put the Edelbrock on.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I think it was just old and tme for a carb man..
shoot us some pics of your engine bay.

P80 doesn't tell me anything. On the front of the Holley choke horn there is a # stamped. It should be a 0-XXXX, get that # and then you can find out what CFM it was.

SC
Its hard to say whether it was too big or worn out. Probably 75%+ of the members of this site have carbs too big for the motors they are running. Worn out carbs do cut performance but still tough to say.

I havent had luck with Edelbrocks in performance applications. They do get better gas mileage out the box than Holleys though. I personally wont buy anything else than Quickfuel carbs.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts