Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Banner, and Site Colors

Should the new banner and colors stay or go?

• Stay! I like it.

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Go! Sensory Overload

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Stay, but... (please explain)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
it would feel small on the native resolution. If he has a visual impairment, his resolution would be much lower, and make bigger font.

Ryan

i voted "stay but" as i think even poets or gay guys should have at least 1 color of the rainbow on the site.
J/K, R, i think it's cool. the difference from everywhere else is striking(lil gay lingo there).

econo61

head pervert
okla
well, i thought it wath just faaaaabulouth!

the warm toneth are so inviting. and the blue jutht matcheth the color of hith eyeth!

ok, now i gotta go take a shower.

didn't know we had a couple of rainblow flag-wavers on here! Suspected, yes, but now they're out of the closet...

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I'm sort of OK with it....

The yellow does grow on one's self, but it seems "wimpy" to me.

I like dark blues, reds and colors that really pop out at the reader/viewer without "hurting the eyes".

I vote for a different color pallett since no one so far has the "balls" to say so.

Can I completely change my vote? It looks like crap (saying it nicely) on a wide screen.

This is why we were taught to never, ever set them up to a certain size.
Always work percentages. If you want blue and yellow at the sides, set each to 5% and let the text go 80%.

yuck.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm not sure what about that makes it look like 'crap' but at this point, we're not experienced enough to make a site that looks seamless at each resolution.

What's your resolution? 1440x900?

Ryan

If you set it at percentages like every other site out there...you won't have to worry about setting it for each one. This is the only "professional" site that I have ever seen set like this. Why do you think they set them with percentages? So they show properly on every resolution.

You would get a failing grade in class for setting it this way.

1680X1050

.....If you have any further problems, please contact us via-pm.

Ryan

WhY? What is there that needs to be said privately? You asked for peoples opinions and I am giving you one. I hate it once I see what the layout actually is.

This is supposed to be an open site. I won't hide my opinions when they are asked for.

The reason this one, NWU, slick 60s, fordification, and probably others exist is because the members of the "other site" are not allowed to say things that the management doesn't agree with.

You asked for examples...I gave them to you. You listed two..one was just like the ones I posted. I accidently posted one that was removed. Sorry Scott. I was just listing the main sites I frequent like I was asked to.

There is at least one other current member running a 17" wide screen with the huge blue sides. That is two out of 60 (or so) now. Just wait until the site grows. Computer screens are not getting smaller. They are not moving to less pixels. They never will.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I don't think Ryan was asking you to hide your opinion. We respect all of our members and take to heart their ideas and suggestions.

sometimes things can be worked out better in private. Everyone has alot of pride in what they do and having it bashed in public can hurt.

I like to think we are all friends here and offering your opinion and any ideas,suggestions, or helpful hints is always appreciated.YelloThumbUp

It appears that it is flaoting now. I was on my laptop a minute ago. The current banner is off to the left, rather than centered though (odd). I guess it is the way the banner is made?

Take a look at this. I made it quickly and hosted it on one of those free sites. I will remove it later.

The colors are not right and the aspect ratio is slightly off (didn't do the math). However, I think one of the other is closer to what you need.

Check it on different resolutions, computers, and browsers. Give me feedback on what to change.

http://www.freewebs.com/testmess/index.html

EDIT: I think the 3rd sample down is real close to what Ryan needs. Give me feedback please.

Last edited:
He has narrowed the margins. That is why the banner looks off now. If he either re-centers it or does a stretch and repost, it should get better, but I also believe he was throwing that out there as a basis, and was going to tweak it with front end shots of some of our own trucks... speaking of which, where's YOURS???

You missed part of what was going on. It was a fixed size (maybe 1000 pixels wide?). He has since fixed it to size according to whatever the display is on the monitor. it looks so much beter now. The banner is not quite centered because he is working on it.

That is why I made the samples in the above link...I am trying to assist him in figuring out what it needs. I think number 3 is about what he wants. I can do pretty much what he needs done to it though.

My truck is on block right in front of my mom and dads garage. The front suspension is in pieces. Until I get it back on its wheels, I can't move it back to get a pic of the whole front end (straight on). such is life :(

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
we're not experienced enough to make a site that looks seamless at each resolution.

Ryan,

I think you and the rest of the FTF crew are doing a super job. I think many of the sites we compare this particular site to are well established, well funded sites with dedicated (meaning full time) webmasters. I don't personally care if this site turns into a bunch of empty cans tied together with strings if that is what it takes for you to concentrate properly on your schooling. That is way more important then this site will ever be, at least to me.

Lets all try and remember this site is a baby. Run by a dedicated group of individuals who have other jobs and responsibilities. Someday maybe this site can be like FTE with a dedicated webmaster and staff, but that was years in the making.

Ryan, if you need help with a particular item, ask for that help. If you ask an open ended question you are going to get responses that may not be all that flattering, even when meant to be helpful.

If you have an idea you think might be helpful maybe that kind of stuff should be left to PM's. Were all adults here but I don't like to be criticized any more then the next person even if I ask a question likely to get those responses.

Ford Truck Articles