Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Alert

1994; F150; 4.9; automatic; 124k miles. My truck has suddenly been giving me the 'lights left on' buzzer when I turn it off and open the door although the lights are not on, the key is not in the ignition nor is anything else that might normally trigger a buzzer. Doesn't do it every time. I've poked that button in the door jamb to see if it might have somehow gotten stuck and the lights are off so it's a mystery as to why the buzzer comes on. Just went out and turned the lights on and opened the door and no buzzer. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

Alert update

I discovered that if the dinger is going off, a slight twist of the ignition without the key in it, stops the ding alert. Guess there is enough wear that the contacts are loosened up or worn. Thanks.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Key is worn, eventually it will fall out when you hit a bump. Try your spare key to see if the problem still exists

Changing cylinders

I bought a new ignition key assembly and it looks fairly easy to install. However, I'd like to key the cylinder to the original key so my ignition and door locks share the same key. Anyone know if it's easy to remove the old tumbler and put it in the new ignition assembly? Thanks

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
A locksmith shop can do it.

I bought the complete lockset from ford. doors, Ignition, and glove box

A trustworthy locksmith is the best place to go. Or you could do what dustybumpers has said they have done.
Depends on all you are wanting to do.
But you could call up the locksmith and get a price quote and if the key is really worn get some copies of the fairly less used key made so you have extras for when/if it happens again.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts