Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Nephew rolled my truck...

So about 2 weeks ago my 19 year old nephew who was still on his permit at the time, was driving my truck for practice with me and his brother along. It was raining and I was just telling him about being extra careful in the rain. We were following his dad to go stock trout, we got out onto a straight away and he accelerated to try to catch up, the secondaries and the carburetor opened and he started to lose control. We ended up going off the road up a bank at an angle causing the truck to roll 3 times in the air, hit the ground and roll again luckily landing on it's wheels. No one was hurt but our doors were jammed shut, so they pried them open with the jaws of life and we all went to the hospital to get checked out, everyone was fine. There is something to be said about the toughness of these trucks, we changed a tire and drove it home! I am actually still driving it occasionally but it is pretty smashed up. I am getting a cab for it this weekend, I was lucky enough to find one the same color. Here are some photos.

SAM_4663.jpg

SAM_4688.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Glad to hear everyone is ok. Sorry about your truck,are you going to rebuild it?

TGIF..Thank God It'sa Ford. Glad all are well

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
yep rolled one side ways 4 times once and still drove home after some different wheels on it . The roof only came down about 6 " . Now a new truck would have been right to dash

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Glad everyone is ok...kinda makes my stomach drop seeing such a nice truck banged up, but it's all fixable. Extremely impressive that it can still be driven.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Oh man, sorry to hear that. glad everyone is OK, that's the main thing. These trucks are tougher than nails. I remember when my brother rolled his 79 Ford and completely flattened the cab and they turned it over, cut the top so it could be driven and drove her home.

Thanks for your concern guys, just picked the cab up tonite and it's better than what I had before the accident. it's a ranger xlt, it has a.c, sliding window, better doors and seat etc. It even has a 2 month newer inspection sticker!

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Ditto what the guys all said! Glad to hear things are working out so you can rebuild the truck and keep it on the road.

Glad to hear you all are ok, also glad you are rebuilding the truck.

The Jaws of Life are a pretty cool tool, though they do usually cause some extra damage.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Good to hear everyone is alright. I'm with Ben, definitely a shame such a nice truck suffered that much damage.

Ford Truck Articles