Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need some tranny help-

Working on some other issues on my son's 79 F150 and was asked what PJA number my tranny was.

Can't find such a number, I do find "D50P-7006-AA" (that I have since learned how to decode without finding the answer to the question) and another (possibly correct, hard to read) "C6Z?-70027-A"

Anyone know what this PJA number may be and also, I thought I had figured this out to be a C4 tranny but that last number above kinda concerned me.

All support appreciated

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That number is located on the tag that is attached by one of the bolts on the servo cover.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It could be missing, that is a very real possibility. The same things tends to happen to axle tags.

They installed C6 Trans on 351M/400/460 engines

Yes, Buck Tags are known to disappear but other than completely taking the trans apart to ID a part is the only Possible way to know what it is.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I really think it is a C4 based upon motor size and research

A C4 pan looks like a rectangle, with what I want to say, 14 pan bolts. A C6 pan looks more like a square with a notched cut away, with definitely 17 pan bolts.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts