Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need some suggestions...

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
Ok so ive been battling out whether to go with a big block or diesel for a while now ...... and Ive decided to stick with my 351 winnie. I think itd be cooler cause no one around me has a built up 351. Now i need some help figuring out what i should do to the motor, i got a set of hedman long tubes on the way picking those up tomorrow, the crank and pistons are gonna stay, so i need help with what cam, intake and heads i should go with, im looking for about 400hp

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
You will have to get a cam, that is SD friendly, or is yours a carb? Someone will be able to tell what cams will be good. That I dont know myself lol. As heads, some nice Alumn Edelbrocks or something will be good.

You are not going to get 400hp with SD, you will have to convert to MAF and even with that the only way I see you getting 400hp is with a fully built 412 stroker. I could be wrong though about having to have a stroker to get near 400hp though I know I'm right with the SD.

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
Ok but I'm not getting what sd is. I know I may not get 400 but I'm gonna try

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
SD stands for Speed Densidy, its the way the compter determins how much fuel to add to the engine, when doing mods, it cant compensate as much. MAF reads the amount of air that directly goes into the engine.

http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,18625.0/topicseen.html

Here are the results of my dyno testing on my new 393W.

Components:

A351 Block
Scat Crank
Scat Rods
JE Pistons
Canfield Heads(Out of the Box)
Victor Jr. Intake
Pro-Systems Carb
Camshaft Innovations Hyd. Roller
11:1 Comp Ratio
91 Octane Gas

Results: 532 hp/514 torque

SPECIAL THANKS TO JAY ALLEN!!

I cant copy the graph, but Peak HP is about 5800 and TQ is about 5200...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts