Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need sage info please guys

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Ok, everyone knows the trouble I've had with my truck, of which I still don't have possession of. Second mechanic is having problems. He's good, has worked on several F150's etc. But he too is frustrated and down right pissed at this truck.

Went to replace upper ball joints, got drivers side in after going through two different mfg's and when putting the passenger side together noticed that they rub on the CV. (please understand I might not have the verbiage quite correct). So he tore the first ones back apart, ordered a new set, didn't work, ordered a Moog brand which didn't work either. Had to order the "expensive" brand and no I don't think he's ripping me off. One went in, the something else didn't match up. He's absolutely :hammer: at this truck. Never had such bizarre issues with a 150 like he's having.
Went to replace the brake master cylinder today and it doesn't line up. We're both about to :guns: as target practice. The only thing that's gone right is the new key cylinder went in fine.
I too have had issues. Ordered carpet from LMC, basic 94 XLT blue. Carpet that came is a Royal Blue....mine was Sky blue. Called them, they double checked whse and what ever else and nope....mine is different. Went back today and I'm getting grey.

WTH....????

Oh...mechanic even checked year of production and noticed that it was 5/94 and thought maybe mid-year might have done something different.

Has anyone have any advice. (for the smart-arses smilietease in the group we are not trying to put Chevy parts in a Ford truck.)

I really want my truck, each day I think....today??? yes?? I see them all over now and I WANT MY TRUCK!!!!!!!! *sigh*

Sounds like your mechanic is doing the best that he can - maybe your truck has been rebuilt/repaired at some stage and has been "modified" to a different year/model suspension setup.

All i can say is keep going as you have so much time and $$$ tied up it would be a shame to :hammer: :guns: the truck.
By the sound of what you are/have been doing to the truck it should last you a long time when it's finally finished and hopefully you manage to drive the value out of it.

And finally it's only mechanical so it won't be impossible to fix.

Good luck E and i hope that your guy gets it finished soon for you.

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Ah...good thinking about the rebuilt/repaired or modified at some time. Will ask if he thinks the same. He did mention that even if it was a 96 some should still fit right.

Appreciate the words of support, you are right and I do know it will (hopefully) be good when done...but sheesh...the drama from one simple truck...oy'

yep i know what that feels like.

somedays you're the lampost and somedays your the dog eh

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Could we get a picture of this front end? Being in the auto parts industry my chief complaint is people that want diagnosis on issues sight unseen.

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Could we get a picture of this front end? Being in the auto parts industry my chief complaint is people that want diagnosis on issues sight unseen.

If I don't get the truck this week, I'll go over and take a pic on Friday.

(this is seriously depressing).
Took my dogs to the lake this weekend, ticked me off all over again of why I bought a truck. Dog hair....WET dog hair all over the inside of my Honda...yuck.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The ball joints for a F150/Bronco are the same all TTB fronts. I donno if he knows how to do them right but its mega easy, used ACDelco in my 92F150, and Moog in my 88 Bronk.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts