Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need Opinons on Rear Tailgate (Pictures)

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
As some of you have scene, there are a few areas of my truck that are still in need of possible chrome over to black conversion. I removed the step sides today and those are definitely getting powder coated, but now i must know if i should get my rear chrome panel powder coated. I have a picture of the rear with the rear panel off giving you an idea what it may look like. I am so torn tho, I think both look great, and both give the truck 2 different personalities, but i get nervous leaving the tailgate black like that because it may scream "XL" which is def is not.. I also realize the all black shot is a camera phone, the other is a digital camera, i will post better one if need be

343042231.jpg
336014205.jpg

radialarm

Clown of Death!
You harboring some hateful grudge for XLs, huh.

I'm not going to take it personal, but the insert version looks best.

'hah' XLT

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
Lol sorry, thank you

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
You could go with a Custom tail gate or go all black and do some sort of graphics like Air brush and do some kinda of L.E.D gate.
Me personally I like the all black look.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
You could go with a Custom tail gate or go all black and do some sort of graphics like Air brush and do some kinda of L.E.D gate.
Me personally I like the all black look.

what kind of custom gates were you thinking. I really do like the chrome panel, I just dont think it fits my truck anymore

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well this is one I show on tv and hunted down the truck on line I don't know where it was made but I thought it was co
1948-chevrolet-truck-led-custom-tailgate.jpg
ol.
Or just do away with it
0605st_03_z+1999_ford_f150+rear_tailgate_view.jpg

or a flow through
NEWSTAND.JPG

Sad to say there's only so many things you can do with a tailgate and also depends on how much money you have to spend on it

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Leave it lol. Oh wait I already told ya to. Lol

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Remember the murals on the vans in the 70s? Something along those lines (only more modern) would look good on the black tailgate.

I like the blacked out look.

Murals are for the mexicans now Brian.:nono:

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
haha theres my man! You got some pics of your truck XL?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Me yea I do. Here are some
1995FordF-350FR.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

1995FordF350RightSideView.jpg

ALL ABOUT THE TAILGATE
IMG_0161.jpg

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I personally like the blacked out look better, but would leave the chrome exhaust tips and a chrome ford badge on the back.

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Hes got a mega 1 ton like me. Lol.

Last edited:

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
I love that truck. I think what I am going to do is as follow. I think I am going to get the panel powder coated, and reinstall it, it will be all black. I think I will put a F350 emblem in the tailgate to help it match the chrome handle and tips like countryboy said

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Hummm thats an idea. I think u should get these emblems.
IMG_1492.jpg

My trucks an XL but the dealer ordered me the wrong ones. Im going to eventually paint the black red to match.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
yeah man that emblem looks great. How much did u pay for urs?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I think they were around 20 each from the dealer.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts