Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need help Lowering my F150

Don't think changing the shackles would do much. Probably changing the leaf spring pack or removing a leaf from the existing pack is your best bet. Just know that if you remove a leaf you change the payload your truck can haul. Not that you should be hauling much in a lowered vehicle anyway lol. IMO, I think that people who lower their trucks pretty much make the truck useless haha

You will also need different shocks depending on the travel of your existing shocks. If you lower enough, the shocks you have will bottom out - basically making them ineffective.

the only thing i tow is the boat...which is about 2000 lbs. that shouldn't be a problem if it's lowered, right?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
just get an good brand kit.. ( eibach) or so.. and lower it a little 2 or 3 "

just to get the street look your after :) thats what i did..

Ok, well I've been looking at Eibach and Ground Force...haven't decided yet! Now that I've been schooled on lowering & leveling by you guys (ehh)... and a friend of a friend, I'm thinking I'm definately gonna lower it about 2 inches. I know, I know most of you guys don't like lowered trucks, but I do...and it's mine so 'biteme'

:D LOL just kiddin'...Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!!!!!YelloThumbUp

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Ok, well I've been looking at Eibach and Ground Force...haven't decided yet! Now that I've been schooled on lowering & leveling by you guys (ehh)... and a friend of a friend, I'm thinking I'm definately gonna lower it about 2 inches. I know, I know most of you guys don't like lowered trucks, but I do...and it's mine so 'biteme'

:D LOL just kiddin'...Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!!!!!YelloThumbUp

ok thats fine. to each their own... basically if ya wanna do it. do it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Eibach is a respectable brand!

L-N-S

Layd-n-shaved
I lowered My truck 4/6 and i love it. I live 3 miles down a dirt road and it doesnt have a stiffer ride then Stock.

here are a few pics

Photo0104.jpg

Photo0109.jpg

Photo0107.jpg

I lowered My truck 4/6 and i love it. I live 3 miles down a dirt road and it doesnt have a stiffer ride then Stock.

here are a few pics

Photo0104.jpg

Photo0109.jpg

Photo0107.jpg

My roomy thinks I should do the same thing to my truck, but I just have always lifted and not lowered a pickup lol. I have 20" rims though so it would make sense to lower it (at the least level it out) instead of lift it (unless I were to replace the rim/tire combo)... I like the way yours looks but 4/6 is a little much in my opinion. What do you think about 2/3?

well the last two rides i had where Bagged so a 4/6 drop was a must....lol
but a 2/3 would looks really good with 20s

2/3 would look good, but the 4/6 is a bit much.. jmo

I lowered mine with a belltech 2-4 drop, roush front sway bar, new poly bushings. the thing handles cornes great without loss in ride quality

Nice truck, sharpie (avatar image). Looks a lot like mine, because IT IS! :suspicious:

And I didn't use a beltech drop, I used a GF 2/4 coil/leaf drop with Eibach dampers. :wavey:

001-2.jpg

Ford Truck Articles