Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need help 89 steering column

My uncle and I are working on an '80 f350. We need a new steering column. The shifter(automatic) is kinda loose, but also we want it to tilt. We have an '89 junk f150 and we were wanting to know if the column will fit.smilieFordlogo

We cant find the answer anywhere and we need this truck for this winter to push snow.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
i dont think the 80 early model has the bag in the wheel as the later model will. a 1980 column may be a carry over from the 73-9 looks that way in the manual anyhow..generally the 1980-86 trucks interchange.87-96 interchange...measure the length & compare all the mounting points {dash & steering box hookup}along with the columns electrical connections to the trucks harness for compatability.

i dont think the 80 early model has the bag in the wheel as the later model will. a 1980 column may be a carry over from the 73-9 looks that way in the manual anyhow..generally the 1980-86 trucks interchange.87-96 interchange...measure the length & compare all the mounting points {dash & steering box hookup}along with the columns electrical connections to the trucks harness for compatability.

The 89 doesn't have a bag either.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts