Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need a part #

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
You really are a piece of work...I even wrote that the image is in my gallery and could be viewed larger and left it open for someone to chime in, such as yourself.
Dennis has this same CD parts catalog.

The problem with this parts catalog is...it was scanned from an early edition and has errors and omissions.

I have the same edition on microfiche, as well as the last edition (10/88), also on fiche.

The problem with old parts catalogs is...the numbers are also old.

Ford updates 10's of 1000's of part numbers EVERY year.

So...if you need a certain part that you found in this parts catalog, and cannot find it anywhere, one reason could be that it may have been replaced.

Then there's this boondoggle: In 1989, Ford changed the package quantity of a gazillion parts, and when they did that, they changed the part numbers suffix. :mad:

NONE of the new part numbers are in ANY parts catalog issued before 1990.

What is needed to find out if the number has been replaced...or not, are the Ford O-S-I Catalogs.

O-S-I = Obsolete-Supercede-Interchange. I have all of these and can verify ANY part number from 1928 thru today.

Last edited:
and I have the OSI catalogs up to 1982 but in some cases this book too has obsolete info.

A piece of work ?

You betcha...It is called going the extra distance for someone.

I post charts that can be seen larger just by clicking them. If something I post is too small I make another copy and then post that.

Not everyone can see fine print on a computer screen.

People coming to FTF should feel confident that I will go the extra mile to help someone. ;)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts