Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Neat gennie orange!

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
Thought y'all might like to see this: an original '73 F250 in that orange/white rocker stripe paint combo. I never see many of these, but I've always wanted one. The interiors are way cool!

This one's got all its original trim, but the interior is a little thrashed. I went by to look at it and it's even got this trippy little outlet on the driver's side B-pillar. Not sure what it is and the owner doesn't know, either, but he thinks it works.

He's firm on $2500 and if I didn't just buy one, I'd jump on it. The bed's in good shape and the sheetmetal is fine. Neat truck! Anyone wanna go halfsies with me?!?!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2100600676.html

Attachments

• 3n83k93m55T05Q25W6ac77ca0007fbff01794.jpg
  • 3n13ma3ld5Y05U25X6ac7cffcdcb27ef0119d.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
One of my parts truck was like that, just not in good shape... Still have the box, the cab was totally gone.

Stoner Dan

Yeah, it's kind of a crapshoot with rust here in Nor-Cal: on one hand, it's dry usually from April-October, but there's also alot of moist ocean air, depending on what specific area you live in. So, these rust-trap Dents can get dicey, depending on where they spent most of their lives.

This one looks to be in great shape, sheetmetal-wise, though. Wish I could snap this one up, too!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is there anything unique with that truck? Or just a different paint scheme?

Stoner Dan

Just the paint scheme, mainly--and the corresponding interior. Not many were built in this color combination (for good reason, I guess), and I dig the weird stuff! Kinda like those Bicentennial F100s built in '76: odd paint scheme, but I love 'em for that reason and I wish I could find one...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Sweet...glad it stayed in the FTF family.

Stoner Dan

For all y'all: Kozik is a good friend of mine and he's the president of our car club, the Chiselers, Frisco.

He saw this thing parked on the street the other night and noticed the For Sale sign in the window. Plus, he had no idea that I was drooling over it till he mentioned that he was thinking of buying it.

Now, Kozik just finished restoring a BEAUTIFUL '69 Charger, plus he's got a trailer to tow, so he needed a parts chaser, tow vehicle, etc. and I'm stoked he bought this one. It's in good hands now!

I will take some decent shots of it in a day or two.

exterior is in what i would call excellent survivor shape. on small crease at the far end of the passenger side of the bed, and very light wear and dings in the bed and top rails. Paint is not sunburned at all. Looks like with some touch up and a good buffing paint will be just fine. the decal trim is complete and has a few cracks, which I find acceptable for the level of resto I want to do. I want to take it back to a clean and complete apearance, but not 'show quality' like the Charger is...all the badges and trim is /areintact, but faded.

hopefully I can track down fresh badging. I like shiny badges at least. mirrors are in excellent shape. there are a couple of stray incorrect bolt holes which i will probably patch and weld and repaint. the rims seem to be original, but are silver...I will repaint them to match the body color...all 4 hubcaps are in good shape. bumpers and grill are in excellent shape.

Interior: seat is wasted...

Question: is it even remotely possible anyonecan repro the original pattern?

door panels and pouches...not in too bad of shape at all. seem salvable.

headliner is white and in perfect shape...does anyone know if white was the original color?

Dash and guages: perfect and intact except the radio is missing...any idea what radio and bezel i need?

dash cap is black and cracked..needs replacing...

steering wheel intact but cracked...needs replacing...need a dome light lens..

e brake...needs fixing...it has the rear sliding windows..they are intact but a little funky need to be re-done.

has some paint wear on the drivers top door...

all glass is good, window mechs perfect, locks all work...

has the black rubbery floor///intact but starting to crack....is this available anywhere?

engine bay: everything is there and original, except for a few bits and pieces....engine seems unhacked (360)...it has the jack and all....I see 2 battery trays...is this truck suppossed to run dual batteries?

motor runs fine, a little lopey, shift points feel OK. I will be goiing thru the motor in January,no hotrodding, just want to clean it all up, replace worn stuff etc .

suspension needs rebuilt. looks all original..steering is alittle wobbly, shocks are leaking etc. nothing major it seems. no rust whatsoever underneath.

exhaust dumps out at mid-bed. is this correct?

rear diff looks tight. brakkes are fine..discs up front...brakes well. I believe previous owner just had them done. gas tank suppossedly cleaned re-sealed, new fuel lines in place...but I will probably give it all a good going over anyway.

tires ok..will replace soon. looks to be mainly a cosmetic restoration effort.

I cant percieve any major structural or mechanical issues so far.

Fellro

Staff member
If I recall, the headliner in the orange truck I had also was white. Worked with the white exterior striping. Should have metal trim around it as well. The floor matting I would expect is available, not uncommon, and for me, a preference. The dual battery may well be common to the CS, but you would need to gear to isolate it, rather than have them both hooked up all the time, like on my diesel. The exhaust definitely should go all the way out the back and off the side, not a center dump like a straight truck...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts