Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Name that button!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Now that I have a somewhat working radio, which by the way is almost twice as old as me, I have some questions. I have very nicely labeled a picture of my radio for everybody. If you know what one of the items does, let me know! :D

1zyaesg.jpg

I have also included some random pics of my interior for your visual pleasure!

r22hjt.jpg

1z2he7b.jpg

Oh, and thanks to Ronzi for the windshield wiper knob!

2z70d40.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm only a couple years older than you...so I'm no real help either. But I must say, your interior looks good. My dashes are always dusty and my carpet always needs to be vacuumed.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'm only a couple years older than you...so I'm no real help either. But I must say, your interior looks good. My dashes are always dusty and my carpet always needs to be vacuumed.

Thanks! That's probably the dirtiest I've let it get since I bought it... I try to clean it up every Sunday. It never seems to work out that way.

A button is either to adjust left to right speaker or bass/treble.

B button is to set for a pre tuned channel. That button will pull out and when you get to your favorite channel push it in. Next time you tune the dial and don't like a channel push B button in again to get back to your favorite channel.

C is to select between AM or FM mode.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Holy freakin' flashbacks.

I remember sitting in Dad's '79 Fiesta and being shown how those old-style presets worked.

I can't have been more than about four...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
A button is either to adjust left to right speaker or bass/treble.

B button is to set for a pre tuned channel. That button will pull out and when you get to your favorite channel push it in. Next time you tune the dial and don't like a channel push B button in again to get back to your favorite channel.

C is to select between AM or FM mode.

All is good until C... The slider above B is the AM/FM control. C isn't labeled on the unit...

Second Pic is called "speakers". They mount in holes in your doorpanels or boxes under your seat... Not on the carpet.

everything ranger said except for C is the balance left to right or front to back I cant remember.the C button ranger was talking about is above the B buttons

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Second Pic is called "speakers". They mount in holes in your doorpanels or boxes under your seat... Not on the carpet.

You caught me! :D I didn't feel like hacking up my door to fit the speakers in there. They are 6 1/2 inch speakers. The originals are 5 something.

everything ranger said except for C is the balance left to right or front to back I cant remember.the C button ranger was talking about is above the B buttons

Yep, I jumped the gun on that. It's been a while since I've actually used one.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Well, the only important part is the presets...

I can't worry about balance or treble/bass when I have two speakers just hanging out on the floor! :D

"C" is fader control or balance , as is (A but on the right knob) For a 4 speaker system.

Slide bar above button's "B" is the AM/FM switch.

"B" does mechanically remember station location. After dialing to location, with right hand knob , pull out on one of the "B" buttons and then push it all the way in. (As Scott said)

Now , tell me where the third picture came from ?

Fordedselfanatic

'77 F250 SC 390 T18
The "A" knob rear knob is for Tone. Bass Treble adjustment. Front is on/off and volume
"B" is channel selection buttons.
"C" is left / Right speaker balance.
The chome bar above the channel buttons should slide left and right, to select between AM and FM bands.
The right shaft front knob is the tuner. The rear knob is a fader between front and rear speakers (when so equipped) Remember that same radio was used in Ford cars of that era as well. Most cars had rear speakers too.

Hope this helps...

Get me the number stamped on the back of that left knob with the A on it

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Looks like I'm late to the party on answering this, but I run an original radio in my truck. I love the vintage look and sound.

Agree that "A" is tone adjustment, and "B" is presets.

Mine does not have the other switch. Mine is the plain factory radio. The one you have is a factory STEREO. Since you have that switch and I don't, maybe it has something to do with the stereo?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts