Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My truck should have been free!

truckbefore.jpg

EVERYTHING so far it seems has had to be replaced. I mean NOTHING worked on this truck. The aggravating thing is that if the DPO had done regular maintenance and fixed things as they broke, I wouldn't have to fix all of it!

So far here's what I have replaced or repaired:

* brake shoes, all four corners
* wheel cylinders, all four corners
* wheel/hub bearings, front
* electrical issues with all lights but headlights not working
* instrument cluster (broken speedo, temp, amp gauges)
* removed crappy body lift/replaced body bushings
* replaced e-brake pedal and cable
* plugs, cap, rotor, wires, air filter.
* adjusted timing
* had no fuel filter, added
* radius arm bushings
* front outer/inner brake lines
* bell crank/clutch release and bushings
* clutch/brake pedal assy.
* clutch rod
* removed brush guard (was for diff model vehicle)
* removed side steps
* removed slide-in bed liner that was for diff model vehicle and cut to fit.
* removed warped tool box

When I got it, the fluid in the radiator had so much 'stop leak' it was the consistency of pudding and there was no thermostat or rad shroud. Now that I have it flushed out for the most part it has started leaking. I will just replace it since there are signs of previous repairs on this radiator.

At least it's rust free!

Ah the joys of automobile ownership

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
At least it's rust free!

I'd rather do the work you've done than try to patch together a rusty truck in perfect mechanical condition. (OK...than pay someone to do the body work. I can't do it to where I'm even close to happy with the result.)

Are you getting to where it's mostly done, or are you still just finding more and more problems the deeper you dig?

I'd rather do the work you've done than try to patch together a rusty truck in perfect mechanical condition. (OK...than pay someone to do the body work. I can't do it to where I'm even close to happy with the result.)

Are you getting to where it's mostly done, or are you still just finding more and more problems the deeper you dig?

It's getting close to drivable now. I still need to install the clutch pedal and rod and after that it should be safe to take on the road. The manual steering box is on it's last leg but it'll get me down the road. I have a power steering setup off a '79 F-150 I'm going to try to install.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&salenotsupported

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
That truck is Nice!
I'm sure you gained knoledge by working on your truck...
You think your truck should have been free,look how rusty my truck is...'hah'
I would love to have a truck as nice as yours...

I can add the clutch fork pivot to the list. We got the new clutch and brake pedal assembly installed this evening and the clutch wouldn't adjust properly. We found the two bolts that go though the clutch fork pivot were sheared off.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Look at it this way...he could have replaced everything and the truck would resemble a pile of dog crap, or he could do what he did and you could end up with that fine specimen of a truck......

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts