Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Supercab...the wreck....and bodywork pictures

As some of you know I joined this site in October right after my truck was wrecked. here are some refresher pictures or you can read all about it here.http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15784.

before.... the picture most have seen.
blazerrust2009Medium.jpg

after getting hit

accident015.jpg

I took the truck to a place called Eurotech Bodywerkes they specialize in high end European cars and restorations, but they are one of the few shops that agreed to work on my old truck and I figure if they can work on 100k euro rides they should be good enough for my old ford truck. Here are some pictures at the body shop

121509009.jpg

121509001.jpg

121509011.jpg

I was able to get a cab section cut out of a Super cab parts truck down in Portland, OR. It's two tone brown and you can see it on the ground in one of the pictures. We also decided to repair the bedside. The logic behind this is two fold.

1) Finding a bed with less rust and the inside of the bed in as good a shape as mine is nearly impossible.

2) I plan to add a tool box to both the drivers and passenger side of the bed when I repaint the whole truck in about 5 years or so and most of the bad damage is localize to where the tool box will be installed.

I just about to head out there and check todays progress. I'll post more later. thanks for looking!

above pictures where from Monday....

here are Tuesdays pictures.....

old cab section after removal

fordrepair007.jpg

new section freshly blasted to remove surface rust.

fordrepair008.jpg

cab...body shop is going to use POR-15 on the inside of everything they repair.
fordrepair005.jpg

fordrepair006.jpg

bed

fordrepair002.jpg

fordrepair003.jpg

a little rough

fordrepair001.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
God almighty...I am NOT envious of trying to unmangle that mess. To me, if it's crinkled, it's too much trouble. Looks good though.

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
I see you are considering the d/s tool box also....I had one installed on a bed for my crew build.....a word of caution, before you venture that road you may want to see if you can procure some made up or modified race track trim for the d/s, which was never produced, I chose not to go w/ the race track trim on the truck I am putting together because can't get/make the moldings for the d/s ..but you can get them for the p/s

the body shop looks like they are doing a good job, glad to see the s/c gettting fixed up:)

I see you are considering the d/s tool box also....I had one installed on a bed for my crew build.....a word of caution, before you venture that road you may want to see if you can procure some made up or modified race track trim for the d/s, which was never produced, I chose not to go w/ the race track trim on the truck I am putting together because can't get/make the moldings for the d/s ..but you can get them for the p/s

the body shop looks like they are doing a good job, glad to see the s/c gettting fixed up:)

I have given that some thought. as you can see in the picture below. I believe that I can simply flip the little short piece to the otherside. the piece on the door should be fine. The only piece I believe I will have to modify is the long bedside piece. Just shorten it and make the end look good. I see guys into fifties customs modifing trim all the time. I sure it can be done and that is my plan. we'll see how smoothly it goes....

trim that should work circled in blue.
bedside.jpg

btw not my picture and not sure where I got it hope it's okay to use.

looking good!! if you see the inside rectangle crease in pic 9 i cut that out on my 79 to gain access to the inside and i would do that on the pass side in your case to clean out 30 years of dirt,drill a drain hole,and spray in a ton of undercoat to avoid the rust that always starts there

Well worth repairing, hope they use rust converter on the exposed inner body panel(s).

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
I agree... the trim looks like it would flip to the other side , but I did not have that much ambition to try it and I am no where near the completion phase as you are, I will watch to see how it turns out on your truxck and may change my mind based on your results,...so don't forgot to post the finished product... the box may have to be modified inside if you have dual tanks, for the fwd fill hose or the hose may be compressed, I did not mount my bed on the truck so this is just an assumption at this point but the fwd brcacket for the bed support will be in the way and you can either cut back the bracket or again...modify the box, I cut back the bracket, my truck bed is not going to haul much up in that fwd d/s corner of the bed

the progress is looking good w/ the repairs

that pic of the brown/cream s/c is of Ranger429's s/c that he sold

25oxuna.jpg

2du9ilv.jpg

looking good!! if you see the inside rectangle crease in pic 9 i cut that out on my 79 to gain access to the inside and i would do that on the pass side in your case to clean out 30 years of dirt,drill a drain hole,and spray in a ton of undercoat to avoid the rust that always starts there
I'm not sure I follow.....

Well worth repairing, hope they use rust converter on the exposed inner body panel(s).

The shop is going to use POR15 on the inside. That was their idea....

I agree... the trim looks like it would flip to the other side , but I did not have that much ambition to try it and I am no where near the completion phase as you are, I will watch to see how it turns out on your truxck and may change my mind based on your results,...so don't forgot to post the finished product... the box may have to be modified inside if you have dual tanks, for the fwd fill hose or the hose may be compressed, I did not mount my bed on the truck so this is just an assumption at this point but the fwd brcacket for the bed support will be in the way and you can either cut back the bracket or again...modify the box, I cut back the bracket, my truck bed is not going to haul much up in that fwd d/s corner of the bed

the progress is looking good w/ the repairs

that pic of the brown/cream s/c is of Ranger429's s/c that he sold

25oxuna.jpg

2du9ilv.jpg

thanks. I will definitely post pictures of the bed and trim. I think I will end up modifying the tool box on that side. I haul a lot of weight and don't want to weaken bed supports. unfortunately it's going to be awhile before I get there...

on another note I just passed a 77 Supercab with a DS toolbox. If there hadn't been a median I would have flipped a u-turn and chased him down. It looks like it was done a long time ago as the paint was super faded and it was a landscaping truck. I'll keep an eye out for the truck again.

YelloThumbUp

Ya know- considering that's a 30 yr old truck, it's in really nice shape.

thanks man. My grandpa is one of "those old guys". You know the ones that have seat covers on their seats since new and washes it every week. I actually have receipts dating back to new for a trans flush once a year. even the a/c and cruise work too! The 140,000k is all travel miles, as she has always been a camping rig. The old girl has done the ALCAN highway twice with a camper and gone to Arizona for about the last 15 years pulling a 26ft fifth wheel. I didn't really appreciate it at first(gm guy with a 67 GTO and 72 k5 blazer), But after a year with her, learning about ford trucks and being able to compare it to other makes and all the compliments I get from other ford truck guys....well, I'm pretty proud of it now and I wouldn't traded it for anything. But I would go back in time and have grandpa order it as a f350 4x4 supercab lariat with side tool box...but I'll just build my own instead.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts