Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Snow Excursion (56k no way)

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
This was my first time in snow with my Ranger. We got 11" of snow in one day. Up until Saturday, I had never put my truck into 4-Lo. Anyways on to the pics and best of all VIDEOS!!! Just give the videos a second to load when you first open them up.

Pics first; they are poser shots, but you get the idea, the videos have the wheelin stuff:

2009Snow003.jpg

The next morning

2009Snow018.jpg

My dogs Ellie and Buddy

2009Snow033.jpg

2009Snow034.jpg

2009Snow028.jpg

2009Snow027.jpg

2009Snow002.jpg

2009Snow029.jpg

2009Snow030.jpg

2009Snow040.jpg

2009Snow041.jpg

2009Snow042.jpg

2009Snow046.jpg

UNTREAD SNOW

2009Snow036.jpg

2009Snow043.jpg

2009Snow020.jpg

3 Gens of Rangers:

2009Snow055.jpg

my partner in crime that day along with being the cameraman and who you hear laughing the whole time.

VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Just driving around on back country roads

New BFGs at work

My first snow hill. The first time I went up it, I slid a little, but it hadnt been rode up yet; it was fresh snow.

4 wheeler trail we ride on

slush hole

In the below videos, i was down in a holler with only one way to get out and it is the hill you see me trying to get up. I kept hitting one spot in the path that the truck wanted to slide. I'd move over a little, but it would still want to slide back into tracks. the final video shows me slapping that biotch in the face and going up it in 4-L0 1st gear.

here is me conquering the hill; you can see where i struggled befiore. excuse any language on the vids, i was a little aggreveted at the dang hill.

over all, i was EXTREMELY happy with the Ranger. She did great and could not have asked for any better. The tires performed extremely well too! I think i did pretty good for my first time in snow with a truck.

Wow DB, fantastic pictures!!!

OK, I'm here in Charlotte N.C. visiting relatives and after seeing your post I ask, where is Mt. Airy N.C.? Geeze-o-pete, I found out your town was used for Mayberry in the Andy Griffeth show!!!!

FTF'er
Awesome pics and it looks like it was a lot of fun!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts