Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my resonator/converter fell off

I have a 1994 5.0 shortbed. The resonator and cat back broke off the pipes coming from the manifolds. What is left is the 2 - 2inch pipes solidly coming out. The resonator broke off cleanly.
Do you guys know of any "Y" pipe to take the pipes and join them into 1? I've checked Autozone and pepboys. other plan is to just run 2 seperate pipes back and mount 2 mufflers on them.

I'm not concerned with the cat, but the noise is bad as you can imagine thats why I'd like to at least pipe it and muffle it.

Fellro

Staff member
If you want to do a 2 into 1, check Jegs and Summit. They have custom high-flow connectors to do that. Otherwise, add an x-pipe or just run a true dual. I am looking at similar as I have 2 big cracks in my cat housing.

Thank you. Just the location of the pipes would make it fairly easy to run a set of true duals, although I'm trying to get away as cheap as possible so I'll check Jegs and Summit. I never thought of them.

I have true duals that started just like yours. Just some straight pipe and 2 mufflers and point them down or head out to the side of the box. Very simple and easy to do.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Muffler bearings went out huh? Hate it when that happens.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts