Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My New Van

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
if ya ever move some stuff out of the garage.

It will fit right now but I'm going to have to get the OL to do some space configuring, might buy another car lift.

Late, but I had an 05 that was a Champaign color, that color was awesome for hiding dirt. Congrats, cool option for a dually with the ecopoof.

Thanks Ryan

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I can't find any pics of duallys with van bodies on 'em.

Is the second rear tire added on the outside, like a pickup? Or tucked inside, so it's easy to drive and sliding doors are still an option?

Also, what kind of payload do you tend to carry, Duncan?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
They're tucked inside.

Looks like their in between tucked and outside.

800px-Ford_transit_2_v_sst.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Only color you need is where it says "free puppies and candy"...ok now that I got that out of my system...hate 'silver' on dd's, but it's the only way to go on a work vehicle...hides the most road sins.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dark colors and all that glass make it terrible to get into a vehicle in the summer here.

But I'm sure you can handle that for a month.

smilietease

Or less..............

smilietease but seemingly true....:headbang:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I can't find any pics of duallys with van bodies on 'em.

Is the second rear tire added on the outside, like a pickup? Or tucked inside, so it's easy to drive and sliding doors are still an option?

At the moment the shelves, cabinets, tools, material etc. weigh in at about 7000 lbs, now that was the last measurement with 1500lbs of batteries.

We are going to lighten things up this go around, best guess is probably 1500-2000lbs of cabinets and tools and for a typical job maybe another 1000lbs in material.

So hopefully around 9k max. My biggest concern is not getting enough van and being up at the GVW.

They're tucked inside.

What he said, also a narrow track.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

You are bringing up a question that I've been stewing on since I got the preliminary order from the dealer.

I really don't want a dually, extra tires and more resistance on the ground...also couple that with no 3.31 axle and no LS.

I have been talking with Masterack and they are bringing out a line of composite shelving, looks like to outfit the entire truck inside with it would be roughly 500 lbs.

The 350 dually has a gvw of 10360 and a payload of 4650

The 350 srw has a gvw of 9500 and a payload of 3930

So a 720# difference

I'm figuring that the most I should have in it would be 3500...I'm just not sure though and that is getting close to the max.

There will be more stewing over the next few days.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
One thing I know about work vehicles is they always weigh more than you intend.

The dually would be my first thought, but would probably be a poor choice for snow...

Why do they not make them in 4x4?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would be putting snow tires on regardless Matt.

No 4x4 as that would be based on the front wheel drive platform. I'm guessing that if the van goes over well here that might offer it down the road.

Quigley is tooling up to do conversions as well

You are 100% right about the weight.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Quigley is tooling up to do conversions as well

mmmm...Quigley...I like following them, and I think I read somewhere that they'll start building a prototype 4x4 Transit this summer???

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sounds about right if I remember what I read.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
mmmm...Quigley...I like following them, and I think I read somewhere that they'll start building a prototype 4x4 Transit this summer???

Don't let Austin hear about that...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
My E350 is supposed to weigh 5204 lbs empty. With what I carry every day and me in it , it weighs 7000 lbs.

Seems light...is that with just your tools?

Don't let Austin hear about that...

Only another 12k on top of the van...go for it!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Spent time this last week weighing and measuring things, there is a good possibility that we will be able to go with a SRW and not the uber extended length van.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts