Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Introduction: 1974 F100 Custom

Hello fellow ford lovers! I just picked up this all original beauty earlier this week. She was sitting in a barn from the early 1980s up until a few years ago when she was bought by a guy who wanted to slam her to the ground and shave all the emblems and trim. I picked her up from him(thankfully not modified!) for $1350. She wasn't running when I bought her but after a day of messing with her and cleaning the gas tank, she fired right up. She's got a 302 with 3 on the tree. She's all original paint with 70,000 original miles. Nothing is not original on this truck except for the air cleaner. The interior is immaculate except for the seat. Which from sitting in a barn has cracked and started falling apart so I'll need to have it recovered. After buffing the paint out, she looks like new aside from a small amount of surface rust. The bed has 3 small rust holes in it, but other wise the truck is in fantastic shape for a 40 year old truck! Not to mention the title is still in the original owners name so I'll actually be the second owner. The first picture is the day I got her. The following pictures will be progress. I plan to keep her originality and character. I hope I can contribute as well as learn alot from this forum!
2a8e8y9e.jpg
jeteny4u.jpg
heqabymy.jpg
pygapy4e.jpg
2ygadu9e.jpg

primetime

sawmill slave
Nice truck. Up until 87 my grandpa had a 79 302 3 on the tree truck.

Thats a real nice looking original truck especially for the age .

That super-straight chrome-stripe down the sides impresses the heck out of me! :)
It don't take much to bend the frame on an F100 (and next year's F150;). BTDT
It's never been overloaded or driven rough.

Where you at, looks green as anything? :)

Alvin in AZ
'75 F150 360FE+T18

That super-straight chrome-stripe down the sides impresses the heck out of me! :)
It don't take much to bend the frame on an F100 (and next year's F150;). BTDT
It's never been overloaded or driven rough.

Where you at, looks green as anything? :)

Alvin in AZ
'75 F150 360FE+T18

Brenham, Tx. She was bought here. Spent her life here. Never left the area. It was a great find especially since it has history from here.

A very nice truck you have found and a nice bit of Ford history you have saved... always nice to see. :)

Ford Truck Articles