Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my frame bend

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
still in the shop i really hope they get around to it or if im lucky get it done today, maybe ill post some pics before and after up for you guys

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'd like to see the before & after to see what you were talking about.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What kinda procedure is this shop using to square/true it up? I know some shops are super high tech with lasers and flux capacitors and others use a square and a come-a-long.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
looks like my photos are too large to upload but heres one, radius arm bent to hell and ttb bent at the pivot both brackets are fine no damage whats so ever ill get the pics up some way....

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Is the truck really balanced on a trailer hitch or am I just seeing things?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well look at you Mr. FancyPants and your jackstands smilietease

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
My truck is to tall for jack stands and my car, is to short...

So i dont own any jack stands. I typically build a craddle out of 4x6"s
I have one i built for the front and back of the car and i have 2 i built for the truck. I trust them much more than a set of jack stands too. Wide base, wide top. solid 4x6"s lag bolted together. I typically work with the vehicles parked in the dirt. So jack stands tend to not be real stable sometimes. Again why i prefer my cradles.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Got any pictures? Sounds like a good idea.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I dont, but i could get some...

I toyed around with them for a few weeks, while working on the car. When i got them just how i liked it. Thats when it got lag bolted together.
Use a couple of 2x4's or 4x4's for braces across the middle and there ultra tough.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds like a better idea then jackstands. I'd like to see if you don't mind. always looking for safer ways to work on my vehicles since I don't have access to lifts anymore and usually have to work on the street or driveway.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
if anyone knows can let me know how to get alot of pics up at a time, i seen some in the forum with 10+ pics in one post please let me know id like to share with you all my pics. i keep getting to big of a image for ftf forums....????

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts