Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My dream engine...

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Wow..
No I was thinking some thing more around the 5 to 8,000 range...

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Specs- 393 cubic inches

87 351 windsor block
Bored .030 over
3.85" stroke crank
lunati 61001 cam
E7TE heads
compression ratio is around 9.0-1
holley 4 barrel
longtube headers

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Yup. Grabbed it out of the junkyard, took the block to the local machine shop and had it bored, decked and align honed and had the heads surfaced and a 3 angle valve job. I did a little port matching myself, but not much. I got the stroker kit from summit.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Wish I could get that sorta service out there..
3 grand got me a ring job crank grind and gaskets..
They re used my old valve train and every thing :)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Do you have a local drag strip or roundy round track? Ask the drivers who they use.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I've talked to all the engine builders in Lubbock (there isn't many) and they all seem to be Good ol BowTie boys I've been told things like why rebuild it, its just gonna break down a week later or we mostly work on real engines.
That's why I've been looking in to buying a engine from a Professional builder there is only 3 engine builders in Lubbock and most of them act like they are doing you a favor just by talking to you on the phone or in person.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I've talked to all the engine builders in Lubbock (there isn't many) and they all seem to be Good ol BowTie boys I've been told things like why rebuild it, its just gonna break down a week later or we mostly work on real engines.
That's why I've been looking in to buying a engine from a Professional builder there is only 3 engine builders in Lubbock and most of them act like they are doing you a favor just by talking to you on the phone or in person.

talk to rob at pro tech, he can guide you in the right direction. Pro Tech is a MUSTANG shop so im fairly sure they do FORD work :D

Ford Truck Articles