Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My daughter bought a Truck

my stepdaughter sold her mini truck that i bought for and decided she wanted a real truck so we got her this,
old truck;
29122010040.jpg

new truck;
802af81a.jpg

it real ugly!!!! the rear window is gone for camper, so my mate takin that off and puttin window in. Drives awesome and has plenty power! it aussie truck with 351 cleveland

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
aussie_f350 said:
my stepdaughter sold her mini truck that i bought for and decided she wanted a real truck so we got her this,
old truck;

new truck;

it real ugly!!!! the rear window is gone for camper, so my mate takin that off and puttin window in. Drives awesome and has plenty power! it aussie truck with 351 cleveland

Very nice! I like the new one better!

I'd also take the cap off.

Looks great Andy - looking at the mazfor i can see she'll be tricking out the new truck pretty nice ..... maybe not pink though eh

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
That looks sweet! Definitely take off that bed cap.
Loving those classic white spoke rims! smilieFordlogo

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
A very nice upgrade indeed! FYI would double check that 351,for that yr Ford used the 351M Engine.Here in the states the Cleveland was phased out after the 73 model yr and never made it in a pickup if memory serves me well.Could be different in the Land Down Under.Good Luck with the truck!

The Aussies built there own 351 and 302 clevelands from the early 70s through the mid 80s and there is a lot of aftermarket parts available for them here .... i think that the blocks have a higher nickel content than the US made items - just checked on that as the memory banks are a bit slow this morning and here is a link to an aussie website selling new blocks , heads etc.

http://www.aus-ford-uk.co.uk/html/engines.html

http://www.ausfordparts.com/

http://www.aus-ford-uk.co.uk/html/engines2.html

Got a wee bit carried away in looking at these other links but here they are.

BuzzGun79

Thanks for the clarification Mark! I appreciate the information. around here Cleveland Engines are gold if you can get your hands on one that is,for there is only a slim very few to be found anymore,Unless one owns one here in the states,they are all but gone, and its a shame man.

Thanks for the clarification Mark! I appreciate the information. around here Cleveland Engines are gold if you can get your hands on one that is,for there is only a slim very few to be found anymore,Unless one owns one here in the states,they are all but gone, and its a shame man.

They are a good engine and this one is one of the quietest ive ever heard!! runs very very well

BuzzGun79

Yes Aussie I totaly agree,From the information above ive noticed your Cleveland Motors are based from the windsor Block (302-351w) but machined to accept the cleveland rotating assembly and heads.IMO That is having the best of both worlds.Over here and living in Ohio, Back in the early 70's.our version was much different,they were a small block,and compared in looks to the 351M but not as tall of a block,a shorter stroke along with the 4v Cleveland heads gave these engines very quick acceleration and high end rpm capapbility & reliability at top end which at the time the 351 windsor lacked.The engine was manufactored in Cleveland Ohio about 50 miles up north,which is how it received its name.Today they are gone like i stated above,and those who have them get a pretty hefty price for them when selling them even in a rebuildable state.They are not very common today amongs most folks looking for a performance engine,only those who restore the oldies and want the period correct engine.these motors did run and performed very well.Today The Windsor is the small block of choice as you already know and the technology has come a long way to correct their issues.I am realy impressed in your technology over there.My wheels are turning..hmmm Gotta figure out a way for another project along with selling it to the wifey..lol.Some time ago i read an article where John Lingenfelter (i think thats how its spelled) built a Clevor Motor.He used a windsor block,had it machined to accept the 400 rotating assembly along with the cleveland 4v heads and got 400 cid out of the 351.Ive always wanted to duplicate that build..maybe some day

Last edited:
no our clevelands are totally different to a windsor, the blocks are way different and our cleveland cranks go no where near fitting a 302 windsor!! our 302-351 clevelands use the same block but the crank and rods are different. There are some auusie companies build some high performance parts and our CHI aluminium heads are world famous. Stroker kits to 393 or 408 cubic inches and i have seen one 408 cleveland make 665 hp on pump gas!!

BuzzGun79

Im sorry Aussie i miss interpreted what i saw..my appologies!! one of my Senior downfalls ,the mind is going south im sorry man.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts