Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my crew cab

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

just assembled. not done yet. Its a crew cab body, set on a f-150 frame, shortened bed.

Next plans are install dana 60 front, dana 70 rear, divorced t-case, 35" toyo Mud terrains, 17" wheels. finish paint and body, probably go with a camo theme. Its going to be a 4wheeling machine. Later i want to lift it more, and run 39" boggers, but i need 2 more tires and a lift. and i have a 460 in the works too.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I have to ask this. What was the problem with the F250/F350 you pulled that cab from? You're basically making the F150 a 3/4 ton+ truck, so why didn't you just stick the motor from the 1/2 ton in the 3/4 ton truck?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I have to ask this. What was the problem with the F250/F350 you pulled that cab from? You're basically making the F150 a 3/4 ton+ truck, so why didn't you just stick the motor from the 1/2 ton in the 3/4 ton truck?

Looks like a 2WD right now Shaun

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Well yea, but we don't know if the donor truck was 4x4 or not. I think he did a little more work than what was needed.

The only way it would make sense to me is if he found the cab by itself without a frame.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well yea, but we don't know if the donor truck was 4x4 or not. I think he did a little more work than what was needed.

The only way it would make sense to me is if he found the cab by itself without a frame.

Most likely it is. look closely to the bed, it was cut down a lot to fit with the new crew cab added. If he had a F250-350 Crewcab he would have a longer frame so he wouldn't have to cut the bed down.

If it is a 2WD he going to have a lot of work converting it over to a 4X4

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Yea, he definitely cut the bed down. But what i'm saying, is it would have been easier to swap his motor/transmission into the 3/4 ton truck he got the cab from, unless of course he didn't get the whole truck, just a cab.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yea, he definitely cut the bed down. But what i'm saying, is it would have been easier to swap his motor/transmission into the 3/4 ton truck he got the cab from, unless of course he didn't get the whole truck, just a cab.

True.... Looks like it was a swap on a 2WD long bed frame not a bad job if you ask me. But we won't know if he just had the cab or had a whole CC truck until he tell us.:headbang:

the donor truck with the cab, has no title, nor paper work. have gone thru to many owners and last known owner was in about 94' when the tags expired last.

so trying to track the paper work and file for a lost title where i live sucks. so it was easier to swap cabs and running gear. plus it keeps the wheel base short, and still have cab space and bed space. trails around here are tight in places.

Im swapping axles this weekend. and then its off to finish body and paint and the interior.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
One question on the paint job you plan. Why have a body shop paint it in Camo when you can do it yourself?

Thanks, the truck is really fun to drive. i like having the extra space. bed is not that bad at all. its small but functional. Im in the process of getting tires and wheels, and then i can start swapping the dana 60 axles over.

Im going to paint it myself. its going to be a wheeling rig for this winter, so no need for nice paint, just functional.

to be honest everything has been pretty simple. i did the cab and bed swap in 2 days. Day 1 i had everything unbolted and removed. then day two installed the crew cab, made mounts. I cut the bed and slapped it on. i had plenty of help from friends that made it easier. when i swap running gear i will have plenty of help haha

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would drive that. looks good.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts