Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My 78 f250 flatbed

Just to add, Sanding the truck, looks like the original paint or at least consistant to all body parts looking original. ie, same primer color. I have a hard time thinking its a conglomeration. The parts are too consistant. Where I took off the f150 custom emblem, are original holes on the cowl. The tag says 77. The title says 78 (i believe october). Im fairly sure its a 460...7 cover bolts. Could be wrong.
The filter thing confuses me. It looks fine. I dont normally use fram, I did a quick oil change for the road that day.
Yesterday I gave it a final prime, taped everything off and ready to do the final sanding. I havent painted one before but its looking good, I hope.
I'll get under there and look at the linkage, hopfully its no big deal.

Oh, would this be an original bed. Did they put these out from the factory? Reason I ask, There is no gas tank in the cab.

Last edited:
H would make it a 351M not a 460

If the engine really is a 460 or 429 then it has been put in there by someone.

The frame stamping is on the passenger side about 1/2 from rad support to firewall.

I thought I had mentioned, someone has put the cab (I believe a 77 cab) f150 on a f250 frame and running gear. Not sure of the details on the running gear yet.
Is there obvious diferences between the 460 and 429? By looking at it? Of course they are different. Hehehe.

Actually it could be found anywhere along that frame rail.

The 2 stampers on the assembly line would change through the day.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good looking truck man, sounds like one helluva conglomeration. Although, you were right on the 429/460...7 valve cover bolts make it from the 385 engine family.

Its done being painted. I had a couple runs, sanded it and threw another coat on. It will need a good buffing as my garage is not suited for dust circulation. Over all, I like it. Now on to getting all the equipment mounted.

Attachments

• IMG00288-20091103-1246.jpg
  • IMG00289-20091103-1246.jpg
  • IMG00290-20091103-1247.jpg
  • IMG00294-20091103-1248.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks pretty good...glad to see you have Henry Ford mentality.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Good job, man.

Where are you located? Your truck looks like one I saw an add for in my area recently-(the pics of when it was still red.)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts