Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My 1979 Ford F250.

Hey guys. Just joined the site. wanted to show you my 1979 Ford f250. My grandfather bought this thing new it has 140,000 miles on the truck. I just rebuilt the original 460. This is what she looked like this morning.

blazerrust2009Medium.jpg

grampstruck008.jpg

460engine-1.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy crap man...looks great. Welcome to the gen 6 club. We have a great 73-79 following here. We've got a grumpy parts man that was in the biz for 40 years and seems to have all the part #'s memorized and then we have big D who also has extensive knowledge of these trucks and can post up just about any literature you can think of from this era.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ouch...just saw the after lunch pics...that makes me sick...sorry to see that. Any plans for fixes?

Edit...man you're quick...glad to here you have the resources to fix it.

Holy crap man...looks great. Welcome to the gen 6 club. We have a great 73-79 following here. We've got a grumpy parts man that was in the biz for 40 years and seems to have all the part #'s memorized and then we have big D who also has extensive knowledge of these trucks and can post up just about any literature you can think of from this era.

Thanks man.

Ouch...just saw the after lunch pics...that makes me sick...sorry to see that. Any plans for fixes?

Edit...man you're quick...glad to here you have the resources to fix it.

haha I think I was posting that before you got your post off.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So what was the story behind the Mercedes hitting it?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Great looking truck!...crappy about the dent!!

A little more on the truck. My grandfather bought it new. It's had a camper on it since new till about 1996 when he sold that and got a fifth wheel. It's got 140,000 miles with about 500 miles on a warmed over 460, ported heads, nice cam, etc. about 325hp at the crank verse stock 200hp. Let's just say it's a good runner. it's been to Alaska twice with a camper and hauled the fifth wheel to Arizona for about ten years. He is 87 now and can't really make the trip. He tried to sell the fifth wheel and truck together, but gave it to me when the guy only wanted the fifth wheel. I've had it about a year. guess it's getting a new paint job and some sheet metal work.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Sux about the accident. Looks like a nice clean truck, with a great history. Possibly the cleanest engine I've ever seen!

Here is a little about my engine

It's the original 460. I had it bored .030 over. 8.9:1 compresion ratio. It has a delta 214 cam nothing wild but a little more than stock. straight up timing set, and custom recurved distributor. removed air injection. I had the exhaust side of the heads ported, along with cleaning up the intake side and a valve job done. I bolted most of it together myself, with the guidance of my good friend Tom(who did the port work on the heads and vavle job) making sure I didn't do anything stupid. I couldn't have done it without him. It has an Edelbrock performer intake and #1411 750cfm carb. all exiting through a stock 2 1/2 single exhaust that will be replaced with a 3 1/2 inch single pipe and ported manifolds, just as soon as the original pipes rust to pieces.I'm going to get it on a dyno just as soon as it's finished breaking in. but the old butt dyno says it's way faster. stock hp rating is 220 with 7:1 compression ratio.. I think. I'm hoping for 325hp at the crank now.

pics

engine001.jpg

engine002.jpg

460engine.jpg

460engine010.jpg

460engine018.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ahhh...I was waiting for that. Great truck all the way around. BTW, as pointed out, your engine is clean...that seems to be one of the areas I can't keep up on. Any tips?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Ahhh...I was waiting for that. Great truck all the way around. BTW, as pointed out, your engine is clean...that seems to be one of the areas I can't keep up on. Any tips?

thanks for the compliments the only tip I have is become OCD...seriously though I had the block and heads hot tanked during rebuild and It only has about 500 mile on it currently. it won't look that way in a year...

Nice job on the o/p priming.

Are you referring to me turning the engine over by hand while priming with the drill?

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
Check my gallery for the white and red truck, it so happens that cab corner didn't get damaged by the morons pushing the truck around. Let me know if you want some sheetmetal from there. Very much a sweet truck you have there..

Fordedselfanatic

'77 F250 SC 390 T18
Sorry to hear of the accident. I have a '77 that looks a lot like yours. I'd be really pissed if that happened to mine. I know you must be too.

Your profile doesn't say where you are. I'm in East Texas. (North of Houston).
I've got a '77 SC that I've pretty much parted out. The Cab is intact, and straight. It has rust issues in the wiper valley from sitting under a pine tree for about 10 years. But the part you need is solid, and straight. The cab is yours if you want it for the cost of your travel.

Good Luck,
Rich

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts