Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

multi-quotes?

I don't know that the software the site uses will support it, but I sometimes want to make multiple quotes from different members in one post. I can do it manually (just take a while).

Does the software offer that option and what does everyone think about it being turned on if it does?

I know of one site that has it...no clue what software they are running. :suspicious:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
It has it...I have spotty success with it at best, though. (I think it may be a browser issue, but I dunno.)

On the individual posts, in the lower right hand corner, there are three buttons- one says "quote" and the other two just have pictures. The on in the middle is "multi-quote". Click that for each of the messages you want to quote, then hit "reply" at the bottom of the THREAD.

If the "multi-quote" buttons don't turn red/orange when you click them, you're out of luck.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
What's really strange is that after I posted that, I tried it in this thread, just for kicks- and it worked.

Doesn't this morning, though. [confused]

very cool - agreed on not working in FF3 :(

..learned something new today, too bad it doesn't work

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Firefox 2.0 for the Mac here, and I have limited success, at best.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Best I could do was 2 quotes in Opera 9.5. I hit the multi-quote button, then for the second quote the multi quote button doesn't work, and I hit the normal quote button.

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I don't know that the software the site uses will support it, but I sometimes want to make multiple quotes from different members in one post. I can do it manually (just take a while).

Does the software offer that option and what does everyone think about it being turned on if it does?

I know of one site that has it...no clue what software they are running. :suspicious:

Best I could do was 2 quotes in Opera 9.5. I hit the multi-quote button, then for the second quote the multi quote button doesn't work, and I hit the normal quote button.

Ryan

Best I could do was two also. I look around and see if I can find anything out.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
still looking but so far what I have found is that it is a first page issue. Once you get to the second or plus page of a thread you can multi quote as many times as you want.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
that's just the issue we are having. you should be able to multi-quote as many times as you want to but for some reason the first page of a thread is causing a problem.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
still looking but so far what I have found is that it is a first page issue. Once you get to the second or plus page of a thread you can multi quote as many times as you want.

WEll...that is something. On other browsers (not IE) it can be forced to do two and any plus pages work fine.

More than I knew yesterday. :)

Cool! I learned a new trick!

Ford Truck Articles