Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

mud flaps

any body put mud flaps or splash guards on their F150? I don't see too many trucks with 'em on nowadays.

I'm looking to get a cheapo pair of Ford splash guards (mud flaps) I don't know if there's a difference. Although I like the looks of the straight hangdown flaps like on a tractor trailer, more than the pop rivet style that I'll probably end up getting at auto zone. Jim

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Come to think of it, I don't see many stock or mildly modified rigs with mud flaps anymore either. Dunno if the local law enforcement have lightened up on debris flung from trucks or amount of tire outside the fender, but the guys that I do know that run them usually just go to the local big rig shop. Then they cut to fit.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
i got some last year due to being pulled over multiple times for not having any. mine head out the frares to make it look "in sync" with my flares. i think theyre 20 high and 14 wide plain black.

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
I got big ole mud flaps from my local truck shop. They're 18" x 24" but they're only on for truck shows, mud runs or when it snows. I don't really know of too many people that run the mud flaps these days. mine have a chrome weight and the trucker ladies on em really showy!

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
I guess they slowly faded away like CB radio did. They're still around but not as much

Fellro

Staff member
I have some plastic semi truck take-offs on the dually, then put some that came from a Ford dealership out in South Dakota when I was there put on the 86. Lost one when a tire shredded on a run out there though, bummed me because they were the nice chrome ones with the rubber flap at the bottom. They help keep the crap from building up on the box corner and bumper too. I can see the difference between the side that has one and the one that doesn't.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I just get a plastic semi flap . Make template of how I want them and cut them out with jig saw . My trucks are 12" wide and look like the stock ones. I even pit a ford sticker on one set that looked like they did in the 90'S .

In the land over salt and gravel they protect the truck . My 30 plus year old had better paint on bottom bed than some newer trucks .

Fellro

Staff member
Sounds about like I did with the dually, I had to trim them down as they were too wide initially. I made hanger brackets for them too... I like the plastic ones because they don't flop around in the wind, they stay rigid.

I have a set of the small plastic mud guards on my truck and they do help cut down on rock chips to the quarter panel and door.

4603751299_fb55e4bed1_b.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts