Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Motocraft 2150 Help

Hey guys so i am digging into my truck as it won't run right at all anymore. I was checking vacuum lines on it as I suspected a leak, and there is some big leaks on the lines themselves, but worse the carb is leaking around where it is mounted on the manifold....

So I checked the bolts to see how tight they were or weren't, and they were not super loose, but definitely not as tight as they should be. I am going to pop the carb off and take a look in it what are some things I should look for? I was going to replace the main gasket, but what else should I pay attention to?

btw, it's idling okay, but when you press the throttle it sounds like it's going to die until you get up to speed a bit, I am going to replace the transmission modulator valve or at least check the line for it. The carb concerns me because of how loose the bolts were and the fact there are leaks around the seal.

Thanks Guys

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
If they are not tq'd properly i would suspect the gasket is missing a few pieces...
That would be my guess though, pop the carb off and see what the gasket looks like... While your there wouldn't hurt to check the mating surfaces with a true straight edge..

1) After you check the bottom place for being true get a good fibre gasket.

2)Also check the throttle rod shaft / bushings
They wear out and once they leak in air, the carb needs rebuilding at the factory.
Once you have the gasket in place making sure it is sealed check the shaft with engine running and spray some carb cleaner at the throttle shaft on each side.

If the engine speeds up when you spray at the shaft bushings , the carb is toast

Okay so I dunno what's up, I have checked the vacuum and everything, tuned the carb up, and the truck idles perfectly but as soon as I put it in drive and start to go the truck bogs, it is sluggish ongo, like it doesn't want to go. I replaced the oil cap and capped the op breather tha was sucking in a lot, the truck ran okay, and then I went to dinner got home and took the truck on a drive and it did the samething

Okay so something is really weird:

I was looking at the truck getting everything ready, checked the vacuum/rpms the fun stuff. It's idling really well, doesn't seem to hesitate.

But as soon as I put it in drive and start to go down the road it is EXTREMELY sluggish, it doesn't want to go.

I noticed there was no cap on the Line that goes from the Oil Breather to the carb, and the top part was missing a cap. So I put a cap on it, and took off, the truck was fine. It had no problems shifting, or going. I decided to go to dinner, then when I got back I put the air cleaner back on and took off, and once again the truck was extremely sluggish. I replaced the breather cap(needed to anyhow), then I took off the air cleaner and checked everything, just the same thing right behind the EGR is still a little bit leaking (i dunno if it is enough to make this happen) but the truck is still bogging down during driving. I am at a loss for what to do now...

Last edited:
Check your vacuum advance for being seized or diaphragm leaking

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts