Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

more torque

ok. i need more torque for my bronc went through a hole yesterday and couldnt even turn a tire in 4h i am going to put headers and gasket match heads and intake. may decide to put a 4bbl on later. it has a 351m but i might go to 400. so for right now i just want to know what i can do to get more power without suffering fuel mileage loss. also it has 31 10.50s right now and im going to put 33s or 35s so i know i will lose even more power with bigger tires. so any input will be appreciated.

ok. i need more torque for my bronc went through a hole yesterday and couldnt even turn a tire in 4h i am going to put headers and gasket match heads and intake. may decide to put a 4bbl on later. it has a 351m but i might go to 400. so for right now i just want to know what i can do to get more power without suffering fuel mileage loss. also it has 31 10.50s right now and im going to put 33s or 35s so i know i will lose even more power with bigger tires. so any input will be appreciated.
I agree with F 150Cobra, an aftermarket cam will help, but these M blocks really need more compression like with Tim Meyer pistons, new timing set, intake and a 600cfm carb and a set of headers and that baby will pull. If want to go to a 400 just get you a 400 crank and the Tim Meyer 400 pistons and use your block and rods. Fuel mileage might be helped some, but with these old trucks it is what it is.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts