Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Money to burn!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
So, I'm getting a bonus at work. I figure what a better way to spend it than on my 05 'Duty.

I was thinking of kicking off my planned mods (SCT, gauges, intake, exhaust)with a Magnaflow turbo back exhaust!

I figured that I'd get all of my ducks (mods) in a row for when the factory warranty stops in March of next year.

Seems like a logical first step, right???

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Was wasn't saying the entire intake, just maybe one of those cfm elbows. I know that the stock filter set up is the best for my truck.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Well, my pockets won't be that deep for a while.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
OK I've got cash in hand.

I planned on getting a Magnaflow turbo back (I'll just use the cat back half untill the warranty is up in March). But further investigation shows that they offer a few different models.

The system that I was going to order is 4" all the way from the turbo back, and the others look like they're a 3.5" down pipe that then goes to 4" afterwards.

So the question is will I run into any issues (clearance?) with a 4" downpipe???

Thanks!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
OK I've got cash in hand.

I planned on getting a Magnaflow turbo back (I'll just use the cat back half untill the warranty is up in March). But further investigation shows that they offer a few different models.

The system that I was going to order is 4" all the way from the turbo back, and the others look like they're a 3.5" down pipe that then goes to 4" afterwards.

So the question is will I run into any issues (clearance?) with a 4" downpipe???

Thanks!
Nothing a really big hammer can't help. Are you SURE they offer a system with a 4"DP? I didn't think they did. I have a 4" DP, but I'd recommend you stick with the 3.5" DP. The 4" is so big it doesn't spool up as quick. It actually needs that bit of back pressure.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Even with a tuner you'd recommend the 3.5"?
Yep.

At what point in modding would a 4" be adviseable???
When you change out the turbo for a bigger fixed. Until that point, I don't think you'd need bigger.

I currently have a 4"DP to 5" single exhaust, FASS Fuel System, Return Regulated Fuel System, JOBE Intake, Banks Techni-Cooler and SCT with Custom Tunes from Eric at Innovative Diesel. I WISH I had my 3.5" DP back. She's very slow to spool up.

I HAD all that PLUS a 64mm fixed turbo, water/meth and NOS system as well and the 4" helped, but in reality, I dought it was even needed then.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Thanks for the info!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Any thoughts on why the full 4" system is about $100 cheaper than the system with the 3.5" dp???

One would think that it'd be the other way around.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Any thoughts on why the full 4" system is about $100 cheaper than the system with the 3.5" dp???

One would think that it'd be the other way around.
Ahhhhh, no clue. Weird. Maybe because they know the installation sucks for the 4"? ROFL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts