Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Moisture..

Michigan
Is it bad to have moisture in my off road light? they are brand new KC's and it looks like crap with one foggy and one clear! WTH! Just noticed it as i was uploading pics from today..

100_5575.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
When they turn on they should clear out. I never found anything to work on mine. I've heard of guys drilling a small hole in the back at the top, but never tried it myself!

Michigan
I was just thinkin if i turned them on it would probably clear up. But still it should be sealed rite?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That is why I never tried to drill them. I now have 4 $30 lights on the front....they have no moisture but I'll be damned if I ever buy them again! I want my KC's back!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
My 6 KCs never got moisture in there, you can take it apart and clean it out, and if u wanted seal the hole where the wires come in, and use a bit of RTV to seal the front, dont go crazy or ull never get em apart. Ive also drilled holes, it works, id put it on the bottom not the top.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
On my friends Rig we took the lens off and cut a new gasket out of a sheet of rubber, that fixed it not sure how long he sold the truck soon after.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Shouldn't have happened in the first place if they were properly sealed. Hopefully they will clear up or you will get warranty or something. nice truck by the way.

Michigan
I was thinkin bout calling them, such a PITA now... Il give them a ring. Thanks for the help everyone

get a silica gel packet.. tie some fishing ing around it, put it in the light and put the bulb in to make the seal.. let it sit in the sun for a few hours and DO NOT turn on the light..

after that the light should be clear and you can remove the packet and ur good as new!

any update on the lights? try my idea.. swear it works!

Michigan
ive been to busy to acually sit down and call them. Sorry but if they warrenty im not drilling anything lol

no need to drill for the silica gel trick!

Ford Truck Articles