Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

misfire

Hello All,,, new guy here,,, I have a 01 f-350 v-10 that misfires at low rpm intermittent, runs ok down the fwy but I can feel some misses at times. throwing a #1 hole misfire code.
So I pulled the top apart today, injectors,coils,throttle body,fuel rail, plan on replacing coils and injectors, probably fuel rail as well,(live near the ocean and rail is rusted outside), inside looks ok. Every one of those dam connectors broke their locking tab when I removed them, where can i get new ones and am i on the right track here

oh 140.000mi
thx
dave

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Hey Dave,

Those coils were probably the culprit.

Ryan

RGR I plan on replacing them due to the age,,, I figure the borg warners will be good but they are a little pricey.
I replaced the plugs recently, stayed stock on those, is there a better plug that I should put in while I am at this??

THX
Ryan

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Stock should be fine. They last forever.

Gotta love v10s. Bulletproof

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I have always wanted a V10. What can they do for mileage compared to the same era 5.4L?

Ive never figured out the mileage, nor do I want to know, I figured I did not buy the beast for its MPG only its grunt work so what the hell,, why depress myself LOL

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
My Super Duty had 230k when it hydro locked due to leaking intake gaskets, I did get it running but it was tapping bad, when I took the valve cover off it look like molasses! The V10 is the 5.4 with 2 more cyls. The 5.4 and 6.8 are the same quality.

At my job we had a customer with 440k when the engine blew! 5.4L

And yes all the coils are your prob. I did all mine when I did the motor and 1 just went again 4 years later! WTF

The OE Motorcraft Platinum plugs are good for 100K, I use Iridium just because I dont ever want to change them again!

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
V10 in my work truck get 11 mpg empty. But it's got a lot of gear in the bed and 9 with the trailer. Pulls like a power stroke

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts