Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

mirrors for 79

Hey,
Does anyone know a place online I can get orig. style mirrors and brackets for my 79 F100 Ranger XLT. I'll need the style brackets as in the picture.
Thanks

Attachments

• -6 2 2009.JPG
Hey,
Does anyone know a place online I can get orig. style mirrors and brackets for my 79 F100 Ranger XLT. I'll need the style brackets as in the picture.
Thanks

LMC sells the mirrors with the brackets for $50 each side.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Beware of LMC quality...you could try eBay or Wesley Obsolete parts.

They are called swing-away and can be found all over the internet.

Ya, I've never had any problems with LMC either.

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
Autozone or O'riely's usually has a few sittin on the shelf, don't know if it's a local thing or not, but I'm sure you could order through them online. I bought a set for my 78 just like the ones your lookin for a few months ago for about $30

Fellro

Staff member
Autozone or O'riely's usually has a few sittin on the shelf, don't know if it's a local thing or not, but I'm sure you could order through them online. I bought a set for my 78 just like the ones your lookin for a few months ago for about $30

So those fit ok? Wasn't sure as they are intended for 80 and newer trucks. I was afraid they would not have the top bar flat like they are supposed to be. The 79 and older trucks have a bit more kickout on the door than the newer trucks do.

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
So those fit ok? Wasn't sure as they are intended for 80 and newer trucks. I was afraid they would not have the top bar flat like they are supposed to be. The 79 and older trucks have a bit more kickout on the door than the newer trucks do.

The bars look a little different than the originals, but they fit just right.

JC Whitney has them, black or stainless. I bought the black ones for my Bronco, they aren't as high quality as the factory stuff but work just fine. I actually beat on my Bronco so it doesn't bother me to much, but for somthing else I woulda bought the LMC mirrors. The Whitney was around $50 for both if I remember right.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts