Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

might be getting a transplant

well..still good thoughts and prayers that it comes through for you soon Brian. never ever give up.
i'm sorry this 1 fell through... but know it'll happen for you.

Good luck man...........Sending good vibes your way..........keep us posted and let us know......

Gunner

Gunner missed a post.

Thanks guys, but I am home now. :headbang:

The next person down the list received my kidney today. Oh well....made somones day!

I am fine. The kidney was a good match. However, when I had my last heart attack (December 9th, 2006), they put me on "plavix". The surgeons will not perform surgery on me when taking that. It would almost guarantee me bleeding to death on the table.

The next step is contact my cardiologist and see if I can stop that medication. The other meds I take are fine. Once that is stopped (assuming I can stop it) and clears out of my system...I am on top of the transplant list again.

Originally, when I was put on the list (last June), it was a 1 year minimum wait (probably 3) with my blood type. Somehow, I climbed the list much faster than I expected.

It is better to delay than die. :)

Back to dialysis tomorrow morning.......:wavey:

Yes...Fellro that was a wonderful thing to do. They can use two kidneys, lungs, heart, pancreas, liver (can be split for two young people), and several other organs. The donor and their families become heros in my eyes. They also build points in the most important place. Even after a death...the person can save and improve many other lives.

I am not in the best of moods right now, but life goes on. It would have been nice if they had checked my meds and said we cannot do this...befoer getting my hopes up. Grrrr! :suspicious:

Ford Truck Articles