Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Maybe time for a rebuild

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
So I have been fighting a oil pressure issue. It is better with the new high volume oil pump, but not fixed. Then this week I was heading to work and the truck just died. Tried to restart it and it back fired so bad it blew some paint off the valve cover. Distributer gear was missing 4 1/2 teeth and there is a chip off of one of the cam gear teeth. I am planning on doing this rebuild myself. I was wandering how hard it is to do the cam bearings. I know they sell a tool for removal and installation, but I have never seen one or used one.
If I am going to take it to a machine shop I'll let them do it, but I was kinda hoping to do it myself and learn something new. If I do take it to machine shop I am thinking +.030 and maybe a stroker kit.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Cam bearings are tricky cause they need to go in order if ya dont do it right youll burn the cam up youll know its wrong if the cam dont go in very easily. Id just let the machine shop do it and have the peace of mind its right.

Cam bearings aren't easy it takes time and experiance, better to pay and have it done, besides the tool cost is expensive especially if one or two time use. Make er go fast.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts