Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Maybe my next Company Vehicle, any thoughts?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The only pictures he forgot to send me was the bed, but can't imagine they used it to haul anything at this point from looking at the rest of the pictures.

I don't see a any rust at all......not even on the exhaust or exhaust hangers......I am a tad concerned that the pics looked a little wet and am always leary about armoralled and pressure washed engines, but this doesn't look like he's trying to hide anything and I'll know when I see it in person.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks for all the input fellas.......I really (and always do) appreciate it. Barring someone else grabbing this thing in the next couple of days or me seeing some massive red flags in person, I'm going to plan a trip in the next few days to go get this thing.

As always, I'll post some pics! :)

smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^I wouldn't mind some input on the pictures he sent me this morning that I posted above.....anything there I should be concerned about or questioned?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks good from the pics hard to believe no rust at all on a eastern truck

I agree Randy......I thought for a 7 year old Maine truck, there'd be some rust. He told me it was garaged all winter because his folks were elderly and only used it in the summer.

That reminds me.....would there be an issue with the 4wd if it hadn't been used all these years? Would I need to do some maintenance to it?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Powertrain
Engine V8, 5.4 Liter
Horsepower 300 @ 5000 RPM
Torque 365 @ 3750 RPM
Fuel Economy City 12/Hwy 16/Comb 14 MPG
Bore x Stroke 3.55 x 4.17
Compression Ratio 9.8
Fuel Type Gas
Fuel Induction Electronic Fuel Induction
Valve Train Single Overhead Cam
Valves Per Cylinder 3
Total Number Valves 24
Transmission Automatic
Drivetrain 4WD
Transfer Case -

Dimensions
Fuel Capacity 30.0 gallons
Wheel Base 139.0 inches
Overall Length 223.8 inches
Width with Mirrors 78.9 inches
Width without Mirrors -
Height 73.4 inches
Curb Weight 5215 lbs.
Tires / Wheel Size P275/55R20
Rear Tires / Wheel Size -
Turning Radius 45.1 feet
Standard Axle Ratio 3.55
Minimum Ground Clearance 8.2 inches
Maximum Ground Clearance -
Maximum GVWR 7050 lbs.
Maximum Towing 9500 lbs.
Payload Base Capacity 1780 lbs.
Head Room: Front 40.1 inches
Head Room: Rear 39.6 inches
Leg Room: Front 41.3 inches
Leg Room: Rear 39.0 inches
Shoulder Room: Front 65.8 inches
Shoulder Room: Rear 65.8 inches
EPA Passenger -
EPA Trunk or Cargo -
EPA Total Interior -
Truck Bed Volume 56 cu.ft.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^here are the specs from KBB, but does anyone know if this thing is 4wd or AWD?

It doesn't say in the ad and I'm waiting to hear back from him on that and a couple of other things.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
http://www.meadowlandford.com/2006 F150_brochure.pdf

Ken, here is a link to the 2006 F150 brochure. I think the only options were electronic shift-on-the-fly(4WD) or mechanical shift-on-the-fly.(see brochure) The supercrew with 6 1/2 ft bed only offers the electronic.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
http://www.meadowlandford.com/2006 F150_brochure.pdf

Ken, here is a link to the 2006 F150 brochure. I think the only options were electronic shift-on-the-fly(4WD) or mechanical shift-on-the-fly.(see brochure) The supercrew with 6 1/2 ft bed only offers the electronic.

Cool thanks.....I know they offered two sizes for the beds the 6.5 and the 5+ (not sure, but it's the 139 inch wheel base) and this one is in fact the shorter one, which is preferred by us actually so the wifey can more easily use it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
looks very well kept and unabused to me Ken...Good Luck!

Thanks!

Looks like I'll be picking this bad boy up this weekend......barring any unforeseen circumstances!

Pictures to follow! smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Congratulations, Ken, and good luck!

Thanks Doug....I need a car hauler!

Speaking of a car hauler, what kind of vehicle do I need to be able to pull one? A 250 or 350? A 150 isn't big enough to pull one with a vehicle, right?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ken, you would probably want to go with at least a 250, since the combined weight of the truck and trailer would exceed the safety limitations of an F150.

I have towed an Aerostar van on a carhauler with a 150, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Congrats, Ken

Thanks Randy....it's not in my hands just yet. It's a done deal, just have to do the physical transaction.

Taking a bus there (with travel plates from my town office) and then driving it back home.

Ken, you would probably want to go with at least a 250, since the combined weight of the truck and trailer would exceed the safety limitations of an F150.

I have towed an Aerostar van on a carhauler with a 150, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Kinda what I figured....thanks. So I need to convince the wifey to not only let me get a car hauler, but a truck to do the hauling! SWEET! smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
In a pinch for a short trip...a 150 could handle it...but I wouldn't rely on it. That being said, I think alot of the half tons are probably rated higher (or pretty close) than our old dentsides.

Ford Truck Articles