Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Massive Parts Order!!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I decided im gonna have to use the F350 7.3 to plow with. I can not sell it, and figure if I can make it even better and then use it to plow, when summer comes it might be time to put for sale again.

So I ordered, all ball joints, axle shaft u joints, all steering parts, brake hoses, belt and a trans kit. Im also gonna have to order 4 wheel brakes, but I wont order untill I know if I have to do wheel bearings in the front. The early 99 trucks had a different rotor in the front, and other then OE style rotors, they dont offer drilled and slotted. I put the ebay drilled and slotted on everything, just last way longer and work awesome. If I have to do wheel bearings I will buy the later design ones and then will be able to order the drilled and slotted for the front and rear.

Here is an updated pic of the truck since I media basted the wheels and painted them. Also new 33's. A little small but they were cheap and all I found at the swap meet. Only other 16.5s are Military issue 37s and I have them on the 91 F350 and 99 F250 and do not want them on a plow rig lol

Sweet Rear Center Caps

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
that's not a bad looking rig at all

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I figured that, but around here all the spoiled kids wants crew cab long beds to drive around alone in. Landscapers want crew cabs to fit a boat load of workers into it. So I donno. I got the hoses done, rear brakes, ball joints, axle shaft u joints, manual lock outs, rear diff service, t-case service, trans service with new reuseable gasket. All the steering is next, a small oil leak in the galley, hoping its the plugs on the back of the high pressure oil pump, then a small coolant leak! And who knows lmao.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ball Joints Out

Ball Joints In

New Manual Lock Outs

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Got all the steering parts on today, and dropped it off for alignment. I will have it back tomorrow and hopefully it will drive way better then it has in the past!

Next on the list, small oil leak, hopefully just plugs on back of high pressure oil pump, and a small coolant leak that looks like its coming from where the lower rad hose adapter bolts onto the water pump, pump looks new so im sure someone messed it up! Oh yea got to do the belt also since you have to remove the upper hose to change it

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
nice looking truck mate... and feel your pain there... that parts list will cost a pretty penny...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Im trying to do this 1 as cheap as possible. I normally dont mind putting alot in if im going to keep them for a while. This 1 id like to move but it wants to stay with me for a while now so I have to make it to my standard lol

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
lol know the feelling... id like mine to stop finding things to break already... i think ive more than paid for the previous owners abuse of her... its time for her to start being nice to me... when i did the brakes on her right after getting her i had to spread it out over 2 months just to afford them...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
LMAO this is maybe this one isnt so awesome haha, I wish I had a normal bed on this one. Just got it back from alignment, oh yea she drives like a brand new truck now!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts