Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Massive injector leak!

So I started up the truck today and instantly smelled gas fumes. I got out of truck and saw a steady of stream of fluid coming out from underneath the engine. I popped the hood and saw the injector on the back right(#8 I think?) leaking, and by leaking I mean a geyser of fuel spraying everywhere! It looked to be coming out in between the injector and rail, but it could be the regulator or a cracked rail too I guess.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I'm thinking the seal may have went bad, or the injector became unseated somehow. Injectors and seals are all original still at 200k+ miles.

Oh, and the truck is 92 F150 with a 302. I will be tackling this problem in a few days after finals are over. Good thing I have another car to drive in the meantime.

Thanks.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
The injectors have o-rings top and bottom. Sounds like one may have dry rotted and cracked. Pull your fuel rail off and inspect them. Make sure you lubricate the o-rings before installation (vaseline works well).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts