Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mass air conversion using mustang parts.

Im wanting to convert my 89 f250 5.0L 5spd to mass air... but using a a9L computer from a 88-93 mustang (computer for 5spd 5.0L mass air mustangs) and its engine wiring harness. Ive been around 5.0 mustangs lots and know they have the same connectors for the sensors... injectors, dizzy, oil pressure, coolant, ect.

Now anyone got any links or info on this... im sure im not the only one who has thought this up.

I can see that i will need to fab a y pipe off the intake for the mass air sensor and put another o2 sensor bung in the drivers side header. anything else??
Is it that simple???

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Easy way out is to use 94 up F150 MAf harness ecu and repin to none MAf ride cab and engine bay harness . . Very little else on motor is different other than 302 firing order is different on pre 93 but easy repin . And is sequential injection

The air box also can be retro fitted with ease so no fab work needed there.

Some like mine 95 94 F150 have single sensor . And have heard of people using a single o2 with no issues .

But its been done allot either way nice project

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts