Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Making progress!

Rigged up my custom NSS, cleaned up the wiring under the hood, replaced all three brake hoses/flushed lines, and cleaned the C-6 in preparation for some maintenance!

I took the NSS apart and reversed the spring so that it would slide in the opposite direction. I couldn't make it work properly any other way. The truck had the wrong column in it, and I didn't think about the NSS situation before I rebuilt the column. Since I didn't want to spend even more money and rebuild another column, this was my fix. (Yes I know I need to re-position that column seal :p)
Picture007-3.jpg

Picture011-4.jpg

Picture004-5.jpg

Picture009-3.jpg

Hey guys!

I've been busy, but I've made a little progress!

Anything happening with your project, Duncan?

I hope to have it running by the end of the month... HOPE!

Getting there...
Picture294.jpg

Picture301.jpg

Reconditioned factory rods with ARP bolts from Survival Motorsports
IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

I've got a 2 speed Taurus fan and a DCC controller to go along with this :)
IMG_0710.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice Derek!..progress here to restart soon. Between work, the quad and the basement..there has been not a lot of time for the truck.
Rest assured that the NOS buying spree has not abated :D
Progress to resume shortly.

Finally got it running at the end of October!

Picture001-4.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

550844_4684034336337_1078711209_n.jpg

Picture003-5.jpg

During break-in: She still needs some fine tuning but she's pretty happy right now.

The truck still needs some little things to make it complete, but I'm putting her away for the winter and will resume in spring.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Very cool. Nothing like hearing motors fire up for the first time.

Danke! :)

It's very exhilarating, especially since this was my first rebuild. Knowing that I've gone through and assembled every aspect of the engine made it that much better when I heard it for the first time.

Next is the EFI BOSS 557, 66' M100 pickup :guns: :idea:

Last edited:
I think so anyway! I'm always bouncing new ideas around in my head. I'd love to put a new 6.2L into this truck some day.

Or build a 1979 4 door Ford Fairmont with a Dart based turbocharged 460W and a 5 speed Lenco...

Dolla' bills! At least dreaming is free...

Derek.

smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts