Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Making a hat design

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I'm playing around with the idea of making a hat. So far this is what I'm playing with. Looks very basic, but still fooling around.

hatpic.jpg

hatpic2.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That looks awesome Buck. I'd love to rock one of those.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
The website I designed it on will cost about $25. It looks pretty good on the computer, I wonder what it will look like in person. I may just try it out though and see. I need a new hat anyway.

It's missing something....I can't quite put my finger on it though.

I'll let you know when I do.

That would be a cool tshirt as well.
The FTF on the front left breast area and the truck on the back.
Whats the site? I wanna get a pic of my truck slinging mud and make a shirt now....

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Any hat would go good with that truck! I'd wear a red-hat ladies hat with that truck on it.

This is hilarious.....but, I agree...I would too!:wasntme:

That would be a cool tshirt as well.
The FTF on the front left breast area and the truck on the back.
Whats the site? I wanna get a pic of my truck slinging mud and make a shirt now....

This would be a cool T! smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

It's missing something....I can't quite put my finger on it though.

I'll let you know when I do.

I think so too......have to look at some other hats.....maybe it's the lettering or something....otherwise....LOOKS AWESOME BUCK! I'd love to sport something like that with my rig on it.

well I have thought of a couple of things

1) Truck's name on top
2) MY 1977 F250 4x4

The image of the truck should be in a light blue oval

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey Buck, in case you want an example....here is what I got for Christmas for my son, due to be born this Spring:

IMG00005-20101225-0916_cropped.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Buck I'd like that design a ton but the blue in the oval is washing out the truck a little. I wonder if you can find another oval with a different color and still make it look good? I've seen them in red - or maybe even just a black or gray one?

Ryan

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Buck I'd like that design a ton but the blue in the oval is washing out the truck a little. I wonder if you can find another oval with a different color and still make it look good? I've seen them in red - or maybe even just a black or gray one?

Ryan

Yeah, the blue may be a bit too much. I will try black or another color and see what that looks like. I do like the idea though.

edit: here is another idea. Would need some touching up a bit and maybe a different logo, but gives the general idea with black.

Ford_Logo_2blackwithtruckpic.jpg

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's awesome Ken. I love it.

Here is what I came up with as another logo option.

truckinfordlogopic.jpg

Ryan

I agree with Ryan.....I like the blue oval though....throws off part of the Ford logo. Much better than without a background.

Yeah, the blue may be a bit too much. I will try black or another color and see what that looks like. I do like the idea though.

edit: here is another idea. Would need some touching up a bit and maybe a different logo, but gives the general idea with black.

Ford_Logo_2blackwithtruckpic.jpg

Buck, I think the black blends in too much with the tires and the shaded parts of your paint job on your rig......Can you stick with the blue, and give us an example of a much lighter blue? I think your'e on the right track though.....is looking sweet!!!smilieFordlogo

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I agree with Ryan.....I like the blue oval though....throws off part of the Ford logo. Much better than without a background.

Buck, I think the black blends in too much with the tires and the shaded parts of your paint job on your rig......Can you stick with the blue, and give us an example of a much lighter blue? I think your'e on the right track though.....is looking sweet!!!smilieFordlogo

ford_oval_logo_1andtruckpic2.jpg
I have to black out the windows also and do some more touch up.

Buck ..now increase the size of the oval so the truck fits Entirely inside it

Use the magic wand in your photo shop software and Lighten the blue inside the oval before inserting the truck.

The blue in the oval should be sky blue.

The glass looks good already ..don;t mess with them

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think I'm getting closer. I'm liking this one and I don't think I should go any lighter on the blue. I left the original blue there around the oval. Also, should I blacken the glass like I did on the other ones.

lightbluefordlogowithtruck41a2f3pic.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts