Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lowering?????

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
No the 74 I have will not be used for hauling I have a couple of idea's in mind and it won't be using any truck suspension parts at all.I am getting a 75 F100 Ford Explorer next month as my DD.So my 74 will not be stock when I'm finished with it. SuperSnake will start in Jan as a project.

Well, what I described worked for me. It may not be the right way, but it was cost effective. :D

I need to try to find some pics and scan them. That was back before digital cameras.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well, what I described worked for me. It may not be the right way, but it was cost effective. :D

I need to try to find some pics and scan them. That was back before digital cameras.

Dang you are old if you had one of them thar new gadets called a camera that takes tin types.... I only had the kind that had film...smilieneenar

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Lol. Not to long ago, I found 3 rolls of 35mm that never got developed. Have no clue how old they are.

Look you threw a bunch of money at your truck and someone do the work and they didn't even section the body right. You say that you was telling me the proper way to lower my truck which is to spend and to throw money at it. All the Kustom car guys and Old School Hot Rodders would laugh at you tried to pay someone to do. If you think supporting a business by spending all your money there is the right way you are a bigger azz than I am. I can do more with parts from a pull a part yard than you can trying to fight your way out of a wet brown paper bag. So who is smarter with money? Not you,You have no imagination or the ability to do anything on your own. So Go Away Boy You bother me. BTW your Donkey Kong wheeled truck ain't that Kool .

Let's get a couple of things cleared up here.
#1 I am not above realizing when I am in the wrong. We could keep going back and forth but that would be childish and silly. I meant nothing by my origonal post I was just simply offering my take it or leave it opinion. However I should have been more of a grown man about the issue and should not have posted what i did in the second post. It did not register that you were wanting to spend NO money. And there is nothing wrong with that. My brother and I have a project in the works right now we are doing on the cheap. So I guess I am calling a truce... Take it or leave it.
#2 I paid noone to do any work on my truck. Well with the exeption of the guy who installed my windshield.All of the work was done by me in my shop.That is one thing we can agree on. I go to shows all the time and see these young punks with trucks and cars that you know have 50 or 100 grand sunk into them and i hate that I know they did not do any of the work and did not pay to get it done ... Mommy and daddy did...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Truce taken and lets take a fresh start.Accept my Apologies

Last edited:
There is a guy on one of the other sites a few years back that dropped the front of his truck 3-4 inches using the stock beams, I think he cut the coils to get the drop, then took his truck to a shop that does big rig alignment and had the beams bent to correct the camber. Will only work if you have the connections to get the beams bent, and I also don't think he would have any suspension travel left after the drop. Ride has to be seriously compromised as well, and caster angles would be off since the radius arm angles are changed. But... if you are dead set on lowering it and not spending the coin to do it right, you can go ahead and give it a shot, and after you are done, you can check out the kits offered by the overpriced mail order parts shop (who have the cheapest prices on DJM kit that I could find anywhere) to get the correct parts to drop the truck the right way and still have it ride like stock...

Oh, and DJM also makes a rear flip kit that will drop the rear about 5 inches. It is also available from the same overpriced mail order shop for about $50, and it will take you about an hour to install (if you take your time...).

and why didn't you insult this guy..... He was actually backing me up...LOL

I think this would fall under the sectioned category... Slight chop too!

2ibkfus.jpg

See that guys arm in the pic ... That's not me That is someone I am paying!! LOL
r89ufd.jpg

Not bad for someone with no imagination or ability huh! Joking of course!
2f0g7qw.jpg

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Just out of curiosity how did you figure my body drop was done wrong???? Do you have experience channeling a truck? I have to know

I realize that it is a body drop but if you look under your hood it looks like it has been sectioned.The reason it looks like that is because your engine sits higher than my 390.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
yeah but what is wrong with it

As far as the body drop goes, it looks as good.I can't do one because of my height,I'm 6'4.If you can smooth the firewall it will really help in the engine compartment.Tell me what you did to the hood it's a great mod along with the others.I made a mistake thinking it had been sectioned.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I hope and pray that you do not cateroragize my truck with mini trucks much less that one that looks like a pile of crap MY TRUCK IS A FULL SIZE TRUCK NOT A MINI TRUCK>>>>>>>

Do you prefer..."Low riders, for guys that can't get it up"? Just remember big trucks are better because fat chicks can't jump. All in good fun of course.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts