Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

lower race track trim

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
I picked up a set of NOS rear lower race track trim w/mounting hardware for either a shortbox bed or a 78-79 Bronco. They are either D7TZ-9929038(9)-BA or D8TZ-9829038(9)-C

Does anyone happen to know the overall length of either of these pieces? or have a bronco or shortbed they can measure?

whatever they are, I would be willing to trade both for a single lower right-side molding for an 8' bed.

Post a picture of what you bought as most of us dn't have a catalogue to look up OEM part numbers.

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
just like the rear lower racetrack trim above the rear wheels of the bronco in your sig picture (or it could be for a shortbed truck). I'm not sure which I have because the paper wrapping around the trim was disintegrated. If you new the length of either the bronco pieces or the shortbed pieces I would know what I have.

Well from the door to where it turns up will be is 10" long for a Bronco, a shortbed truck will be longer there. The pieces you have are NOS Ford? If they are for a Bronco I'd be interested in them.

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
Thanks for the info, they appear to be for a shortbox pickup. From the door to the turnup is 18 inches (and 18 inches from the turndown to the back.

They are NOS, with a sealed package of mounting hardware...but they are not factory perfect, a few small scratches etc.

Thanks again for the info...I'm checking with the same guy I got this from to see if he has anymore NOS parts...if I come across the bronco pieces, I will let you know...I bought this pair for $40.00, which seemed like a good deal.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts