Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

looking forward to this...

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
hello all!! Im happy to be a part of the forum. I like to seek advice from the "old guys" lol since Im just a young buck (24yrs). I own a 95 F250 5.8L 2WD. I just swapped the instrument cluster for one with a tach, did an engine flush and oil change, full tranny service including draining the converter, and have a fresh battery in "the beast". I frequently visit forums looking at previous post but never find the exact answer i need so figured I'd join. I worked at a ford dealership from ages 16-19 so i learned quite a bit but am always expanding my knowledge. I mainly use my truck for daily driver but occasionally pull a trailer or haul minor things. It's my first truck and i would like to keep it forever. Im just wondering what i can do to get the best mileage/performance and keep it running forever. glad to be a member and i look forward to the forum experience.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF...post of some pics of your truck when you can! smilieFordlogo

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
keep your foot light on the pedal, lol!
you can upgrade your exhaust and intake.

The latter usually causes the opposite of the former smilieFordlogo

Welcome to the site!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Engine is just a big old air pump....intake and exhaust should be done to make it most efficient...YelloThumbUp
Any improvement is an improvement though!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
the intakes on the fuel injected trucks are overkill for stock to be honest...

they have dual 50 mm throttle bodies..

thats a 100 mm throttle body approx..

no need in more intake....

truck 5.0's and 5.8's use the same throttle body..

TBHP-600x244.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I didn't know that...that is damn huge!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
That's what I mean.. The intakes are overkill on stock engine.. I don't get who the hell buys the bbk upgrade to dual 56's or dual 61's... If you need that big your gonna need bigger actual intake like a edelbrock truck intake..

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well I was looking at a 123mm intake for my car.

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
i been really wanting to do the exhaust and since there is no 02 sensor after that cat i was wondering if anyone knows of an exhaust kit just bolts to the Y-pipe flange before the cat... i was at the junk yard the other day getting my cluster and saw a truck with true duals but it was off a 5.0 and they had cut the flange off so i decided against that plus it had glass packs and Im leaning more towards flowmaster instead of glass packs. which series of flows gives these trucks the best sound and is getting rid of the cat the best option?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
stay away from chokemasters... they suck IMO...

any thing from the Cherry Bomb sounds REALLY GOOD...
i even like straight pipes no mufflers on these 5.0 or 5.8's.. but theyre really loud..

easiest thing to do is go to your local muffler shop and say i have this much to spend.. i want dual exhaust.. what can ya do..

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
so muffler shop would be cheaper than a diy kit? i was looking online and found a site that offered a cat back kit with the cheap performance muffler for $162.. kinda sounded too good to be true... it was from http://www.truckexhaustkits.com/ would it just be a waste of money?

thats with a garbage muffler, cheap wrinkle bends, not mandrel bends 2.25" pipes, and no tips, and straight back exhaust..

when you get into a decent setup with say a cherry bomb, or a gawd awful cherry bomb with mandrel bends and some even clamp on tips..

your up around 270 bucks..

a muffler shop would be a better bet.. just make sure they dont well brackets to the frame, instead drill holes, bolt the brackets to the frame and then well the bracket to the exhaust..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts