Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

lookin at lift kits

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Wow. :)
Did you compensate for the change in the odometer? :)
Had to add 12.8% to the miles on my '75 since ~1980.
Had to add less than that from ~1977 to ~1980.

Alvin in AZ

Sadly...yes it was adjusted

Recommendations?

I figured since it seemed yall solved the original posters prob Id smiliehijacked lol I am also looking for a lift kit and am looking at the rough country 6" w/ the springs, not blocks. I am running 33x12.5 BFG All-Terrains and the poor stock suspension leaves me only 2 fingers worth of room between the fender and my $150+ brand new tires. (replaced two w/ problems, other two were almost brand new anyway) I have a 1990 F150 4x4 302 5spd reg cab short bed. I want a bolt on kit so I can do the work myself w/o too much trouble. I do not "plan" on doing any heavy duty off roading at this time. (for now anyway) I also must retain my dual front shocks. I am not as concernd about a "good" ride as I am performance. I highly desire that it be a full "kit" with all needed parts to run safetly. I want my truck to ride like it is a older full size 4x4 truck, not a car. (keeps away annoying passengers) Any reccomendations?

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33510-80-96-5-5-extreme-coil-springs-csf64.html
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33555-4-bronco-superflex-leafs-j40.html
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33516-front-bracket-kit-with-superunner-radius-arms.html
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33530-stainless-braided-front-axle-brake-lines-pair.html
There is no extended rear set on the site so I'm unsure if you need those.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33660-sway-bar-drop-brackets-pair.html

AS far as I know that's a complete kit, minus shocks. The best shocks are Bilstein 5100s. Then you need to factor in the fact that you most like will need new wheels, tires, and a re-gear. Not as cheap as you thought, isn't it?

Keeping

I am keeping my stock rims and I already run 33" tires, whicher brand new. I just want more room for my tires and some more off road capability. My stock suspension is worn out and I want a lift kit to replace it with. I refuse to part w/ my tires n rims, I love the look of the old stock rims and these tires are awesome

I am keeping my stock rims and I already run 33" tires, whicher brand new. I just want more room for my tires and some more off road capability. My stock suspension is worn out and I want a lift kit to replace it with. I refuse to part w/ my tires n rims, I love the look of the old stock rims and these tires are awesome

Well you could drop those springs and go a 4" lift which comes in a kit by many people, with those springs it will improve your ride from stock. The only problem is that it would look stupid with 33"s.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
i would advise against rough or tuff country kits or anything that uses rear blocks instead of actual new springs

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Im personally a fan of skyjacker rear springs which is what i run on my ford.

my old jeep got really bad axle wrap with blocks in the rear and at the time it had a stock 4.0HO and weighs alot less than a full size. After ditching the blocks on that, a 4.6 stroker couldnt even cause axle wrap even with drop shackled

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Anything over 4" will most likely require extended radius arms, which means a 6" will not be a bolt on application. You're gonna have to add all new drop brackets, so you'll be spending some time removing rivets.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
drop radius arm brackets and drop ttb brackets. both are bolt ons, some kits advise you weld the radius arm brackets for added strentgh but i never did because i didnt want tohave to grind them off to adjust them when i SAS

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
not to mention that a 6'' lift for 33's is a bit overkill. 4'' is cheaper, looks better, and is less work to get it to function properly.

my 0.02

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
6" with 33's looks plain goofy, espescially with all terrains. I ran a set of 33' mudders for about a week before getting my 36's and it just looked wrong

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
Yeah, but for 4" you can't get Deavers.

he said he want's his truck to ride like a truck, so i think rough or tough country would be right up his alley. ditch the blocks, get some cheapo rea springs and call it done. trust me, it will ride like a truck.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
hell just add a leaf yourself to heaven in the back and get some pucks for the front if you want cheap

Bolts stretch, thats why you retorque. They always settle in a bit too so should be checked anyway after some use. Don't foget tires types weight different than each other, besides size effect fuel mileage. Oh yeah a 460 with good fuel econo, ha ha.:hammer:

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Bolts stretch, thats why you retorque. They always settle in a bit too so should be checked anyway after some use. Don't foget tires types weight different than each other, besides size effect fuel mileage. Oh yeah a 460 with good fuel econo, ha ha.:hammer:

Good catch about tire weight. In my experiance TSLs are pretty light (in comparison) while my pro comps are heavy SOBs. BFGs are lighter than Buckshots...Ground Hawgs are the heaviest ive ever felt...etc. I used to have a great website that had all different sizes and reviews and weights of tires but that was on my old comp i'll see if i can find it

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts